Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
SteveCon

ADIPA

Yet another question, is the ADIPA a good stand alone refill? Is there any tweeks that it needs? I'm going to place another order soon before my 20% coupon runs out. I'd like to know what the best recipes are and best combinations of HME's and UME's and hop combinations. I like hoppy Ales and Wheats, not a real fan of Porters, but see if you can convince me.

I like ADIPA stand alone, but I like it better as an APA/IPA base, with 1/2# or so of dme, and flavor/aroma hop boil of any C hop, or Amarillo, or Simcoe.

It mixes well with Grand Bohemian and Pilothouse Pilsner as well, I've done both (1 can of either combined with 2 cans of ADIPA). Even then I'd toss in late hops or dry hop it if you really want a good aroma.

mashani wrote:

I like ADIPA stand alone, but I like it better as an APA/IPA base, with 1/2# or so of dme, and flavor/aroma hop boil of any C hop, or Amarillo, or Simcoe.

It mixes well with Grand Bohemian and Pilothouse Pilsner as well, I've done both (1 can of either combined with 2 cans of ADIPA). Even then I'd toss in late hops or dry hop it if you really want a good aroma.

Thanks for the tips any and all advice is welcome. Thanks

I'm intereasted in this too since I just picked up some ADIPA and would like to at least do a dry hop with it!

Any other suggestions on which hops would work best or another additions that would enhance this brew?

To be honest, it is an ok ipa...not really happy in my opinion. Drinkable, yes...but not a hoppy ipa...IMHO

I've got 4 cans of ADIPA.....2 of them are going to get used today! :laugh:

Today I'm planning a carapil steep, DME boil, and I'm going to hop it up with some galena, perle, and cascade hops. Dry hopping some cascade on or around day 10. Really looking forward to it. Cheers!

I've brewed the ADIPA quite a few times, straight up and with some mods. Straight up it is good, but kind of in between a Pale Ale and a mild IPA. I like to add 1 lb amber DME or 1 can mellow amber UME and a hop boil with Centennial 1/2 oz for 60 min, 1/2 oz Cascade @20 min. and dry hop 1/2 oz Cascade after 7 to 10 days. US-05 yeast

stevecon wrote:

Mooooore input borg!

Here's one I do that me and the wife like a lot:

1/4 lb carapils steeped
1/2oz Citra hops 30 mins
1/20z Citra 15mins
both cans of ADIPA
Safale US 04 - full pack
1/2 oz cascade hops dry hopped after 7 days ferm

I did 2 cans ADIPA with Chinook cascade and centinal with extra malt
I used 2 cans Mellow Amber and 1 of Pale Export
turned it into a 5 gallon batch of FRANKENBEER ...
It was very good ..

I made a batch 2 weeks ago as follows (thanks to help from my brother who's been doing this much longer than I have):

1 can ADIPA
1 lb Plain Amber DME
1 lb Plain Extra Light DME
1/2 oz Cascade pellets at 50 minutes
1/2 oz Cascade pellets at 10 minutes
1/2 oz Centennial pellets dry hopped for the whole 3 week fermentation
1 packet of Safale US 05 yeast

I will bottle next week and let it sit several weeks but testing at the 2-3 week interval.

I like hoppy beer so I hope this works. Within hours I had huge amounts of Krausen. It was gurgling good for a few days but has stopped. Still, I plan on letting it ferment 3 weeks, and am trying to be patient.

My favorite ADIPA recipe is:

2 cans ADIPA
1 lb Amber DME
1/4 lb Carapils Steeped
1/4 lb Caramel 20L Steeped

.25 oz Centennial 40 minute boil
.25 oz Citra 30 minutes
.25 oz Centennial 20 minutes
.25 oz Citra 10 minutes
.25 oz Williamatte dry hop

The ADIPA by itself is not really not very hoppy.
This modified recipe has been uniformly praised by my hop head friends.

Wow, thought this thread was going to die. Thanks all for the input and if there are others please share. I have 4 cans in the pipeline and a lot of additions to play with thanks to you all.

Got a batch in the LBK yesterday, as described above. 20 minute galena and cascade boil (0.5 oz ea). 7 minute perle boil (0.5 oz). Used all 11.5 g Safale US-05 ale yeast. Checked the LBK this morning....happy yeast = happy brewer!

2012-02-20_05-45-44_800.jpg

Bump, also curious about this, 1 week till i bottle my ADIPA............input...input

Recipe #3A- Damn Dirty IPApe
Brewer: Bella Brewery
Style: Imperial IPA
Batch: 2.13 galExtract

Characteristics
Recipe Gravity: 1.063 OG
Recipe Bitterness: 98 IBU
Recipe Color: 11° SRM
Estimated FG: 1.016
Alcohol by Volume: 6.1%
Alcohol by Weight: 4.8%

Ingredients
CaraPils - [body, Head] 0.25 lb, Grain, Steeped
MrB. American Devil IPA 1.21 lb, Extract, Extract
MrB. American Devil IPA 1.21 lb, Extract, Extract
MrB. Pale Export UME 1.21 lb, Extract, Extract

Cascade 0.25 oz, Pellet, 7 minutes
Citra 0.25 oz, Pellet, 10 minutes
Citra 0.25 oz, Pellet, 20 minutes
MrB. American Devil IPA 1.00 oz, Pellet, 5 minutes
MrB. American Devil IPA 1.00 oz, Pellet, 5 minutes
Simcoe 0.12 oz, Pellet, 30 minutes
Simcoe 0.12 oz, Pellet, 45 minutes
Simcoe 0.12 oz, Pellet, 60 minutes

Safale US-05 Dry Ale Yeast 11.5 GRAMS

*Dry hop with 1/2 oz. each of Cascade and Citra

Just made the ADIPA today with no variations. Can't wait to try this one after all I've heard. I want to get a good taste for it like it is, and then start modifying it in the future.

This is the first brew that I pitched 3 Mr. Beer yeast packets, cooled the wort in an Ice Bath, and aerated the crap out of the wort to where foam was almost up to the opening, so I have high hopes for this one! Also I found a plastic whisk works awesome for aerating the wort!

I'll let you know how it taste in a couple of months!

OikoEco wrote:

Got a batch in the LBK yesterday, as described above. 20 minute galena and cascade boil (0.5 oz ea). 7 minute perle boil (0.5 oz). Used all 11.5 g Safale US-05 ale yeast. Checked the LBK this morning....happy yeast = happy brewer!

2012-02-20_05-45-44_800.jpg

Looks like both of my LBK's that I batched up on Sat. evening. Good times. Liking the input on this thread.