Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dustin

Stout partial mash recipe needed

Ok so I now have a mini mash tun and I want to do a partial mash this weekend and I have never done one yet.

What I am looking for is a grain bill for a stout that will go well with a 3.3 lb of Coopers Dark LME. Keep in mind this is for a 5 gallon batch.

Also I have been brewing mostly light and wheat ales so this will also be my first ever dark stout beer.

So it woudl also appear I need some hops suggestions.

I can handle about 4 pounds of grain in my mash tun to please let me know any suggestions you might have. Also I do have two open LBK's at the moment so I guess I could actually do an all grain LBK batch.

I am open to suggestions. I am just unaware of what needs to be in the grain bill and really what grains make up what I need.

Thanks

Really no replies.

I just need a grain bill for a partial mash stout recipe.

I would suggest using 3.3 pounds of light extract, 1/4 pound of chocolate malt, 1/2 pound of roasted barley malt and 1/2 pound of crystal 20L. Using pale malt will allow the roasted barley flavors to come through clean without tasting like barley soup.

Snowy Daze Stout

Then use 3/4 ounce of East Kent Goldings at 60 minutes and again at 30 minutes and you'll have yourself one nice chocolate barley stout. When it comes time to bottle add two tablespoons of pure vanilla extract to the priming sugar solution and you're golden.

JonEleven wrote:

Never brewed one but google is your friend!
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/ode-arthur-irish-stout-guinness-clone-28239/
Replace the 2 row with pale malt extract and give it a go

Trust me I always google first. I have googled for about two weeks on this topic and I have been unsatisfied with the results so I am asking people on here.

Thanks for the link.

Screwy Brewer wrote:

I would suggest using 3.3 pounds of light extract, 1/4 pound of chocolate malt, 1/2 pound of roasted barley malt and 1/2 pound of crystal 20L. Using pale malt will allow the roasted barley flavors to come through clean without tasting like barley soup.

Snowy Daze Stout

Then use 3/4 ounce of East Kent Goldings at 60 minutes and again at 30 minutes and you'll have yourself one nice chocolate barley stout. When it comes time to bottle add two tablespoons of pure vanilla extract to the priming sugar solution and you're golden.

What size of batch is this for?