Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
parrotheads

New to forum and brewing

I am new to the forum and to brewing. I just completed my first batch yesterday and got to taste it for the first time. If I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I brewed the West Coast pale ale that come with the kit. I was excited to crack open that first bottle and get to drinking it, but I was also cautious. Thinking to myself, what if I screwed it up and it taste nasty. Anyway here we go. I invited my brother-in-law, nephew,my two boys and wife to join in the "taste testing". Itwas a complete SUCCESS!!!!!!!! What a smooth tasting ale, no after taste, a little bite but man it was great!!!! I may never buy another case of beer from agrocery store again!!!! I put the remaining bottles in the fridge last night and it will be ready to drink when the Daytona 500 starts today... I love it!!!! I currrently have a batch of wheat beer fermenting and I have already purchased the ingredients to make a blueberry lightning, raspberr, cherry ale and a honey wheat. This is the best hobby a man could want!!!! I cant wait for the next batch to be ready!!!!!

parrotheads wrote:

I am new to the forum and to brewing. I just completed my first batch yesterday and got to taste it for the first time. If I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I brewed the West Coast pale ale that come with the kit. I was excited to crack open that first bottle and get to drinking it, but I was also cautious. Thinking to myself, what if I screwed it up and it taste nasty. Anyway here we go. I invited my brother-in-law, nephew,my two boys and wife to join in the "taste testing". Itwas a complete SUCCESS!!!!!!!! What a smooth tasting ale, no after taste, a little bite but man it was great!!!! I may never buy another case of beer from agrocery store again!!!! I put the remaining bottles in the fridge last night and it will be ready to drink when the Daytona 500 starts today... I love it!!!! I currrently have a batch of wheat beer fermenting and I have already purchased the ingredients to make a blueberry lightning, raspberr, cherry ale and a honey wheat. This is the best hobby a man could want!!!! I cant wait for the next batch to be ready!!!!!

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center parrotheads. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have Beer.

Give the Simple Guide Line sticky a read. You'll find some usefull information there. Also, the Malt to Adjunct ratio is a good one to know as well. Both of those will give you plenty of "ponder" material. Pop back in anytime with questions or comments. B)

Guest System Admin

Glad to see that you're enjoying it so far, good luck and welcome!

LouieMacGoo wrote:

Welcome to the Borg!

:cheers:

+1 from one newbie to another. Welcome Aborg!!! :chug: