Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
dudash02

spring

so i just wanted to get some insight with spring coming upon us fishing season starts here in PA on march 31 im looking to brew a nice not to heavy beer maybe a good ale that i can sit and drink on the pond how bout some suggestion on the next recipe kit i can purchase thanks

Sounds like you want a session beer. Perhaps an English Bitter. They are usually under 5% ABV and mild in taste. Not too heavy.
I have some AG recipes but none that are extract but it shouldn't be hard to put something together.
Are you comfortable with steeping some grain?

dudash02 wrote:

so i just wanted to get some insight with spring coming upon us fishing season starts here in PA on march 31 im looking to brew a nice not to heavy beer maybe a good ale that i can sit and drink on the pond how bout some suggestion on the next recipe kit i can purchase thanks

Pa ? Me too here at ?

Cowboy Lager/WCPA - great Spring/Summer brew bases for me. I turned down the ABV on most of my brews during this time because I usually like to drink more than a couple.

Cheers!
:chug:

I have never steep any grains but have watch and read alot about it, Im from the Wilkes berra scranton area of PA i wasnt a big fan of the WCPA i just thought it was to light not enough flavor thanks for the suggestion keep em coming lol

I'm planning a Cowboy Lager with the Golden Wheat UME to hit the LBK in a couple of weeks. Thought it would make a nice, light summer beer.

The HCCD would make a good base too. Maybe with a Pale Export UME or an Amber extract of some kind.

Beer-lord wrote:

I have some AG recipes but none that are extract but it shouldn't be hard to put something together.
Are you comfortable with steeping some grain?

Would you mind sharing an AG recipe. I would be interested in giving it a try. Maybe someone else here might too!! Thanks

I just put this brew in my LBK last thursday. I put a cup of honey in my wort going along with the directions and am hoping this turns out to be a tastey summer brew.