Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JerryOnDrums

Finally, after 6 weeks in the bottle!

My WCPA is officially "drinkable", and dare I say, even "pretty good"! It's my first brew, and it's the standard refill, so the brew certainly has it's limitations. But after trying one at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, and 5 weeks, it's not until now, at SIX weeks, that it has matured. Feels great!

i liked mine also.
stronger than i thought it would have been

brewon

Did you do the standard HME + booster? I've got my first WCPA in the LBK right now. Only been fermenting 3 days and I can't wait...I should have bought the kit a month ago. What temp did you ferment and condition at?

jaydubwill wrote:

Did you do the standard HME + booster? I've got my first WCPA in the LBK right now. Only been fermenting 3 days and I can't wait...I should have bought the kit a month ago. What temp did you ferment and condition at?

Yup, HME and booster. I didn't have any temperature gauges on the keg at that time, but the ambient air temps were consistently between 67-70 degrees during both fermentation and conditioning. I did, however, put the bottle in the fridge for a full week before drinking. You'll be pleased, but you'll also be left wanting more, no doubt. I've got the Jamaican Mon ale in bottles right now, at just about 2 weeks old. Can't friggin' wait to try one!