Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brian12069

Variation on Pilot House Pilsner

I'm bottling my Pilot House Pilsner in a few days. I like to do a few variations when bottling. Anyone tried anything different with it that worked well? Maybe a little extract or something? Any different ideas are appreciated, thanks.

I bottled my Pilothouse straight up. It's just now been in the bottle 4 weeks. The tester bottle I had a week or so ago was pretty good with a good head.

If you do try anything different let us know. :)

Hi fellas - I've brewed this one a number of different ways. Just off the top of my head, I'd have to say adding 3/4 lb Light Pilsen or extra light DME is very good. If you can get Nelson Sauvin Hops, add at 1/3oz at 20 min & 1/3 oz at 10 min the last 1/3 oz dry hop for the last 7-10 days. Another good hop to add instead of Nelson Sauvin is the Falconer's Flight hop available at Rebel Brewer & Northern Brewer.
Also add more yeast. Either use Safale SO-5 or Danstar Nottingham. Or 4 packs of Mr Beer Yeast.
No DME - Try 1/2 pack of booster & no hop boil.
Dried orange or lemon peel also works good with this mix.
There's so much you can do. Don't forget to make a label. :laugh: Peteys_Imperial_Pilsner-20120307.JPG

The best thing to do when bottling is to apply a cool label. Otherwise all you need is table sugar & time. :cheers: 1_More_Red_Nightmare-20120307.JPG