Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
stec9256

First Beer

Just got done with my first batch which is a cowboy golden lager. So far I'm real happy with the results.

Guest System Admin

STEC,

Welcome aboard. Here's to many more batches!

Congrats and welcome to the obsession!

:chug:

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center stec9256. You will be assimilated. Resistance is quite futile: we have beer.

Happy your happy with it.

Guest System Admin

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters! Cowboy was my first one and I thought it came out really well.

Congrats on the new hobby.

I did Cowboy as my second batch and followed instructions to the letter. One week in, I dry hopped with about an ounce of Willamette hops.

Had friends over last night and we cracked one open after it has conditioned for three weeks and it was light years beyond my expectations. I did the WCPA as my first batch and even after five weeks conditioning it's still just okay, but the Cowboy is SUPER. I kept taking tiny sips and with each one thinking, "Wait a minute...I made this?!!?!?!?!"

Best of luck and I wish you many successes!!!

stec9256 wrote:

Just got done with my first batch which is a cowboy golden lager. So far I'm real happy with the results.

Welcome to the borg and your journey to some of the best beer you have ever tasted.

Congrats and welcome aboard! I hear great things about the cowboy lager. Haven't tried it yet but have my sights set on the mad dog IPA.