Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
SteveT

Bummed out

My Cowboy larger is in the ferment keg waiting it's second week before bottling. So what happens? I have a heart attack on Friday. :S I'm told it will be a while before I can have a beer if at all. :( I am bummed out but happy to be alive. :lol:

SteveT wrote:

My Cowboy larger is in the ferment keg waiting it's second week before bottling. So what happens? I have a heart attack on Friday. :S I'm told it will be a while before I can have a beer if at all. :( I am bummed out but happy to be alive. :lol:

Damn.....just relax a bit. Your heart is more important than beer.

Get well soon my MB friend. Without heart, there would be no more beer. Sounds like your Cowboy Lager will benefit from the long ferment time, & the long conditioning time until your Doc gives you thumbs up to drinking again.

Wow, dude...sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself.

As for the beer stuff - Unless its a wheat beer which needs to be drank early...it should only improve with a bit of age.

If you're up and moving well, this would be a great time to get some extra LBKs and brew. By the time those are good you'll be further along in your recovery.

Dang! That's no good. Glad to hear you're still with us. Get well soon.

Bottle your beer it'll taste great after taking care of your heart a bit first! Get better soon.

SteveT - glad you're still here with us!! As mentioned by other posters, your beer will be waiting for you. Get better brother.

Take care of yourself first and the beer second! Happy to hear that you are still kickin'!

Bottle that beer up next week and when the doc gives you the go ahead, you'll have a nice little reward. If you can never drink it...invite some family or friends over and let them enjoy it. Obviously, there's more to life than brewing (and drinking) beer, even if it doesn't seem that way to some of us! ;)

Thanks for posting. I, for one, will take a moment with my family tonight and give my wife and daughters and extra kiss and a hug!

Take care of yourself, Steve!

This would be a good one for the "You know you're a homebrewer when..." Thread.

...When you have a heart attack and a big concern is your fermenting Cowboy golden lager!

Glad to hear you're doing good and hope you get well soon!

Let yourself get better, and your beer will get better by itself, so by the time you are given the go ahead you should have a fine brew to celebrate with.

I hope you get better soon.

In the meantime, look at this as a way to build your pipeline. Start brewing beers that have long conditioning times since you won't have the temptation to open them early before they're ready.

Guest System Admin

Oh that's rough!! Must be a sign of some sort...perhaps you need to make a different batch! Rest up and try to relax as much as possible!

Wow. That is a bummer. More about the heart attack than the beer. It's good to see you're strong enough to be on the computer. When my dad had his heart attack in 1960, he didn't get on the computer for another 20 years or so..

Seriously, your health is more important than the beer. Stay healthy.

Your beer will be A-OK with some extended conditioning time.

Take care of your ticker, brew some more batches to build up your pipeline, and look forward to the day you can RDWHAHB.

And be glad you're still around to be able to look forward to drinking a beer eventually.

Thanks all. I know my heart is more important than beer. :P Just I started this hobby two months ago and have only been able to taste a few bottles. i'm sure in time I'll be able to knock back a few. Seeing my Dr. on Monday and it's one of the questions I have for him.

I'm sorry you have to wait for your beer, but that's definitely better than the alternative. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

What a shocker!!!

Glad you made it past that one and here's to a speedy recovery.

And more beer!

Steve...
1.. Be glad you are still with us...
2...Make sure your family knows you care to stay alive..
3... Health before beer...SORRY
4...My Cowboy is in the fermenter..2 days ... I'll let you know when I bottle in 3 weeks
Joe

I guess having to wait that long for a beer to ferment can really kill you!! RDWHAHB!! Brewing shouldn't be that stressful!!

Good lick on a full and fast recovery!

I was just thinking the same thing. Today was the doctor appt. I do hope we hear some good news. Steve?

Well It's been Almost two months since the Heart Attack. Dr. Ok'd me to have a few and finished off the Cowboy Larger. Was excelent. Going to Florida Saturday and have a batch of Irish Stout I just bottled Sunday. I'll let that sit for 4 weeks. so doing well and thanks to all for the well wishes.
By the way. Cardio rehab is a heck of a workout.
SteveT

SteveT -- glad to hear you are well and hanging in there. Congrats on the rehab (keep it up by the way) and being able to enjoy a homebrew or 2.

Rick