Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
yankeedag

Re: Remodeling

was expecting a fice lift when i came back on, guess I am happy to see it back up. look forward to seeing the new changes

mnstarzz13 wrote:

was expecting a fice lift when i came back on, guess I am happy to see it back up. look forward to seeing the new changes

Usually change is for the better, but sometimes not what we like. I was happy to see the same format, didn't know what to expect when I came back on. I've always thought that this was a clean and well organized board/forum compaired to others that I am on and have been on. Just hate to see it get cluttered and hard to navigate.

LouieMacGoo wrote:

Kealia wrote:

Mobile support maybe? :)

+1

+1
Patience is a trademark of a homebrewer.

I look at the Mr Beer Community site far more often using my Blackberry Curve (in my pocket thanks to my company, and I wouldn't want to carry 2 phones) than on my PC. I have seen some other sites where the mobile "support" is worse than using the Blackberry's browser with their general-purpose site. (Facebook and Twitter are 2 examples whose mobile apps are actually worse, whereas Amazon's mobile app is great.) I'd be really happy if the Community web pages would just load faster on the Blackberry (followed by not needing to skip down several screenfuls to get to the content), and hope any mobile support is actually better, not worse, on mobile devices are less slick than an iPhone.

Remodeling, eh?

::looks around::

Well, the curtains in here are definitely vintage Brady Bunch, and now that the kids are grown, I suppose we could turn the playroom into a den. Or maybe a spa. I'm thinking a full patio with pavers and wrought iron furniture would be nice. Great for entertaining in the summer, especially if we run a good quality sound system out here. And if we open up this wall, we can expand the kitchen, put in an island and a breakfast bar, and maybe even a skylight. I haven't decided if I prefer the Country Kitchen look, or want to go with a more streamlined concept, but we've got time to decide on that.

FedoraDave wrote:

Remodeling, eh?

::looks around::

Well, the curtains in here are definitely vintage Brady Bunch, and now that the kids are grown, I suppose we could turn the playroom into a den. Or maybe a spa. I'm thinking a full patio with pavers and wrought iron furniture would be nice. Great for entertaining in the summer, especially if we run a good quality sound system out here. And if we open up this wall, we can expand the kitchen, put in an island and a breakfast bar, and maybe even a skylight. I haven't decided if I prefer the Country Kitchen look, or want to go with a more streamlined concept, but we've got time to decide on that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest System Admin

Funny that there's a push for mobile. I was away for the weekend at a conference and one of the gentleman gave a presentation. He showed a video from YouTube that gave some staggering statistics on how we use our phones everywhere and the projected increase. If Mr. Beer capitalized on mobile usage it would be a huge thing!

FEDORADAVE,
I say lets go with the Country Kitchen look...
Sit on the porch and pop the top off a cold one !!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: