Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Josh B

What do you think of the new look?

OK... this is simply a way to see the new "polling" feature. Cool eh!?

Guest System Admin

Looks Awesome!

the font for the links on the left suck.... they are too hard to read they need to be darker, not light blue. but thats just my .02 cents.

"mashani" post=249256 said:

Can we make our own polls?

telephone, flag, fishing... What?

"mashani" post=249256 said:

Can we make our own polls?

Yup only the person who creates a new thread. There is an icon like a bar graph

I don't like the extra white space on the sides being bright white (hurts the eyes). It was better before when it was a light gray.

"ba1980" post=249272 said:

I don't like the extra white space on the sides being bright white (hurts the eyes). It was better before when it was a light gray.

I'll second that!

Hmm. Not so much. Although having all the smileys right up top there is handy. :) I'm a stodgy old fart though and don't like the way any website changes, so I suppose I'll get used to it.

It's weird man!
[attachment=7634]dennis.jpg[/attachment]

And definitely speculator.

And the polling feature is way hip. Gonna have to see how to work it.

Allright, I could get used to this. It grows on you.

"mrbeer" post=249228 said:

Awesome!
Great!
Super!
Speculator!
OK... this is simply a way to see the new "polling" feature. Cool eh!?

But all the choices seem...similar :)

Mostly i like the new look but i do agree the links on the left should be darker they are hard to read for us old guys B)

i like the old one better but i will get use to this eventually and forget about the old site

good job anyways

Guest System Admin

Change is never an easy thing....

When is this going live? Or is it? I still get the Joomla login telling me I can come here. Just shows an ip address and doesn't even have a standard domain name.
It really doesn't matter as this does work fine for me.

"Beer-lord" post=249348 said:

When is this going live? Or is it? I still get the Joomla login telling me I can come here. Just shows an ip address and doesn't even have a standard domain name.

It seems to be live. The old link (mine was bookmarked/saved in favorites) still takes you to the maintenance page, but this is a new URL. If you get on through the main website, bookmark the new link and you're back in business.

The response time on my Blackberry Curve may be somewhat improved. At a minimum, the amount I must scroll down to start seeing the messages is less. Thanks!

But the buttons ("reply", etc.) don't seem to work consistently. I see "reply" and "quote" buttons on my PC, but not on my Blackberry. I do get pop-up hints on the Blackberry that tell me where the buttons are, and these include additional buttons that I can't see on my PC. Don't worry, I know it's still a work in progress.

I like it......I like it...
I think Fonts are smaller than before for my aging eyes but I can manage...

I just realized something about the New Look; The "Beer Quotes" at the top of the page are different every time. This compels me to use the up arrow if I'm toward the bottom of the page so I can read the new quote. This, then, screws up my browser's back button and I get lost as to where I'm trying to go.

This getting lost thing is something I guess I'm going to have to learn to deal with as I get older.

"oly" post=249350 said:

It seems to be live. The old link (mine was bookmarked/saved in favorites) still takes you to the maintenance page, but this is a new URL. If you get on through the main website, bookmark the new link and you're back in business.

I think this is still a temporary site, if not where can I access my pm's, someone sent me some info I need & I can't find them.

"pete rose haircut" post=249436 said:

"oly" post=249350 said:

I think this is still a temporary site, if not where can I access my pm's, someone sent me some info I need & I can't find them.

In another post, somebody from Mr Beer stated that the old PMs were not migrated.

I think I like it. I don't see a of of difference. But it must be a diff. URL? I don't get here by clicking the old link

On second thought, can't find preview, edit is differnt, WTH I'll figure it out sometime.

"NewMBbrewer" post=249333 said:

i like the old one better but i will get use to this eventually and forget about the old site

good job anyways

Yup,

"berryman" post=249450 said:

On second thought, can't find preview, edit is differnt, WTH I'll figure it out sometime.

Preview pane is below the Bold Icon.

amd for each newb that signs on.. this will be the standard. Out with the old, in with the this is it mode. :borg: We old timers will get over it.... that, or do a lot of this :stout: and not give a rats..um, ah... :mow: oh well. :P

I miss the little flashy green and red thing to alert you to new messages.

The new look and layout looks pretty cool on my pc I like the way it displays. I'm waiting for the DNS changes to kick in so I can try it out on my Android, hopefully the new site is smartphone ready too.

This one seems kind of plain. But as long as it works that is all that matters.

Guest System Admin

It is growing on me, I liked the old forum.

Wish they had a button for good since I am not feeling any of the selection listed

Guest System Admin

I like some of the upgrades that have been mentioned already.

Two suggestions for improvement:

1) As others have mentioned, it's a bit "bright". An off-white/cream background might be better.

2) There's lots of dead space in the margins. Posts are crowded in the middle-right of the page, with huge white margins. Seems like the usable portion of the page could be widened a bit in both directions.

Overall, a thumbs-up.

"Crazy Climber" post=249586 said:

2) There's lots of dead space in the margins. Posts are crowded in the middle-right of the page, with huge white margins. Seems like the usable portion of the page could be widened a bit in both directions.

Overall, a thumbs-up.

I second this motion.

While the white space dont bother me, It seems the left margin could be shrunk some and the message board could be stretched farther right utilizing most screen area creating shorter height of an overall thread.

Its a small "critiscizm" but nonetheless a constructive one.

Hey hey, its now baby blue :cheers:

Edit: LOL and now its gray. Or I need to go see my optometrist. :P

"oly" post=249502 said:

I miss the little flashy green and red thing to alert you to new messages.

Speaking of which, you have a new PM :cheer:

I'm figuring it out more now everyday. I don't mind the way the new PM works and it's up where you will notice it. I still haven't found the preview. I hope posting pic and links will be easy, haven't tried it yet, just got the old way figured out good.

"berryman" post=249700 said:

I'm figuring it out more now everyday. I don't mind the way the new PM works and it's up where you will notice it. I still haven't found the preview. I hope posting pic and links will be easy, haven't tried it yet, just got the old way figured out good.

Look below the bold icon

"Screwy Brewer" post=249543 said:

The new look and layout looks pretty cool on my pc I like the way it displays. I'm waiting for the DNS changes to kick in so I can try it out on my Android, hopefully the new site is smartphone ready too.

Maybe the person who registered the domain is gone and they're having trouble getting it transferred.

Lots better now that the background is something besides white.

If they have a job opening for webmaster, I'd be glad to accept it, they could pay in extract. :laugh:

It took me awhile to get here since the under construction screen still is up. I wanted to give them some time to get it all up and working. I finally clicked on the preview link on the under construction screen just to see what it might look like. It looks like its been here all the time.

I don't have any problem with the new format, but I apparently missed some different borders around the posts. The one right now is a pale green and I don't find it offensive.

"gophers6" post=249566 said:

It seems brighter, hurts my eyes.

How's that for service? I complained about the brightness this morning. I come back tonite and its shaded.

yeh i think they changed to links on the left too i can see them better tonight.. last night was bad...

There are issues using Google Chrome when trying to edit your signature. The container box is only 1/2 the size as opposed to using Internet Explorer. I can edit my profile but it is a pain. I'm probably in the minority though using Chrome.