Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
corwashere

Attention! We have beer... repeat... we have beer!

Alright, just opened up my very first bottle of my very first brew, the standard WCPA. 2 weeks in LBK, 3 weeks in bottle, 2 days in fridge and I really must say I am very impressed. It poured nicely into a chilled pint glass. It had perfect carbonation; about a 1-inch head after the pour and continued with a constant fizz of bubbles all the way throughout the "drinking process". I didn't really expect much from it to be honest as I am more into darker beers, but I must say, for a lighter beer it has a nice taste to it. Would I order it again? Probably not. But only because I am too eager to fill my LBKs with Octoberfests and Reds and whatnot. I certainly wouldn't turn it away if given to me; I will definitely say that I will proudly drink the rest of the WCPA batch without any "beer snobbiness" directed towards it. I've heard people try to compare it with Miller Lite and such but after 2 pint glasses of it, I am definitely feeling a lot "happier" than when I've had 2 pints of Miller Lite.

Long live the borg :borg:

-cor-

Good deal you have beer and beer you made. Keep brewing it only gets better

First brew is always memorable, be it good, bad or in between. Glad you had good luck with yours. :gulp:

Thank you all! I love the animated gifs by the way... not sure which one I like more, the "bouncy" blonde :woohoo: or the clapping crowd :charlie:

-cor-

Congrats! Too tired to look for a nice gif for you, so I will simply say...

:banana: :banana: :banana:

There IS something about that first pour.

What the heck!!!! I made this and it ain't bad at all.

:woohoo:

Guest System Admin

Congratulations!! Get to work on the next batch!

"mainegoer72" post=251388 said:

Congratulations!! Get to work on the next batch!

Oh yeah, they are well underway. Bottled an Octoberfest Vienna/Amber this week and started a Rose's Rambling Red. Next one to bottle in a little over a week is a Cherry Wheat. Just gettin that pipeline going while the gettins good!

-cor-