Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
cincy_brew

At the close of the day...

Hello all,
So I just get the kids to bed after our wonderful Easter, then started and just finished my very first brew ever. That's right today my was first time brewing a batch of beer. It wasn't nearly as hard as I was making it out to be in my head, and it feels really good to have at least completed the first step. Now in two weeks time I'll get to bottle condition.
B)

"cincy_brew" post=251900 said:

Hello all,
So I just get the kids to bed after our wonderful Easter, then started and just finished my very first brew ever. That's right today my was first time brewing a batch of beer. It wasn't nearly as hard as I was making it out to be in my head, and it feels really good to have at least completed the first step. Now in two weeks time I'll get to bottle condition.
B)

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center cincy. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have beer.

I see you plan on the 14 day plan. May I suggest you read the simple guide line, as you will have plenty of "empty" time while you wait. It always helps to let the :borg: know what you've brewed (to include contents) so that we can better assist you in your quest for a better beer. :gulp:

Congratulations and welcome, cincy_brew!

Watch out though, this is terribly addicting and amazingly fun. All the advice here on the forum is most helpful.

My first batch was brewed on 26 Dec 11 after my wife gifted me a Mr Beer kit. Little did she know that she opened a box that makes Pandora look like a piker. I've now got 4 LBKs in the rotation. I just bottled batch number 8 on Saturday, have 3 full LBKs and two more recipe kits in queue. Trying to establish that pipeline!

Guest System Admin

Welcome to the obsession and keep us posted on your progress. Keep asking questions and researching. Above all have fun and welcome to the borg.

By the way hope your a fan,

Go Reds!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, and I will most definitely be reading the simple guide. I have found out a ton of information on here already.

You're right I forgot to mention the brew, I'm going the standard cowboy golden (the booster version) because it came with the kit.

Thanks again, and yes Go Reds!