Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
PrivateJoker

Homebew Club

I got a bunch of free gifts on my second shipment. I think it was a hat, sugar measuring spoon, & a hanging scale if I remember correctly. Otherwise, there's really no advantage to joining unless you'd like automatic shipments. :cheers:

It says "Exclusive Pricing!
Choose from special club member-only pricing on your favorite supplies every single day."

I think it is around 20% off if I figured it correctly last time I was looking at doing it. But it also seemed to only be effective on refills/recipes, not on spigots and such.

Hey ba 1980 you're right. It does say that, but I can't recall ever seeing or receiving any special discounts that wasn't available to the masses. :barman:

One advantage for me is knowing I'm going to get three recipes of my choice sent to me every two months. I can plan ahead and decide what I'd like for the upcoming season, and know it's going to be there ready for me to brew it.

It's convenient for me, whether it saves me any money over ordering these supplies at random.

"FedoraDave" post=252330 said:

One advantage for me is knowing I'm going to get three recipes of my choice sent to me every two months. I can plan ahead and decide what I'd like for the upcoming season, and know it's going to be there ready for me to brew it.

It's convenient for me, whether it saves me any money over ordering these supplies at random.

I'd have to agree with with ya Dave. I'm still new to the game, but now that I'm on a regular schedule it would make sense to have a regular flow into the pipeline of your MB favs. Cost isn't a huge factor for me as well when you consider in my area a sixer of craft brew costs about 8 and a half bucks. MB stuff is way more economical and if you consider your time involved, it gets even better.

Yeah, I don't necessarily use the Homebrew Club for economic reasons...so I can't much help you out on that note.

But I do love the Homebrew Club from the standpoint of "planning". I a completely separate thread this morning someone ran out of sanitizer and they're contemplating using bleach or something along those lines. This would be an instance where I put in 10-12 packs of One-Step. I ALWAYS stock up on my UMEs and I can plan recipes actually 5 and 6 batches out using the Homebrew Club. For example, yesterday I created a recipe which will need roughly 2 cans of Pale Export UME. The 3 Lb 3 oz Briess Golden Light is about 8-to-12 oz more than I need, but 2 Mr. Beer cans fits perfect. I put several cans of Pale Export in my Homebrew Club rotation this month so that by the time I really get motivated to brew that one, I'll have the UMEs on hand.

Definitely a planning-ahead thing.

If you couple the club discount with the 20% coupon code you can get a very good discount! I just joined and made my first order yesterday, got the premium refill kits for $12.77 ($19.95 regular) and deluxe for $11.49 ($17.95 regular).

Yeah, the code you posted is the "free gift" code that you get as an introduction when you register on their website to get the free thermometer and magnet. They don't want it out in the public, but they aren't hard to find. It changes month to month.

An admin will probably edit your post and delete the code.

"SmokeDiver3zero" post=252889 said:

Hey, manosteel - "MORE COWBELL!"
:laugh:

"I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of you...only, once my pants are one, I make gold records!"

:woohoo:

gotta love the Walken!!

"manosteel9423" post=252890 said:

"SmokeDiver3zero" post=252889 said:

Hey, manosteel - "MORE COWBELL!"
:laugh:

"I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of you...only, once my pants are one, I make gold records!"

:woohoo:

gotta love the Walken!!

"The Bruce Dickinson, a rock legend, gave me the freedom to really explore the studio space with my cowbell. He was a genius!"

Gene Frenkle
1950 - 2000

Last year Brianna (from Mr Beer) opened a thread asking for input on changes that they would like to see to the HomeBrewClub and a lot of great ideas were presented.

At that time they planned to make some changes to the program and roll them out shortly thereafter but sadly, nothing has happened along that front since.