Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trumpetguy

Oxyclean question

I am having a heck of a time finding Oxyclean Free. All I have been able to find so far is Oxyclean Versatile. Would this be something that would be useable as well? It doesn't say anything about fragrances or additives. At least I didn't see anything.

What say you, mentors? Shall I continue my search or will this stuff work?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly there are 2 types of Oxyclean. One has a blue top which has the perfumes and other undesireables in it. The tub with the green top is teh one you want. There are no perfumes or dyes in it. Not sure what the lable says exactly though.

I'm using the Kroger brand of oxy, unscented of course, and I'm very pleased with it's performance. I haven't found anything so far it won't clean. Couple of bucks cheaper too!

Some of those "Dollar Stores" sell a generic version too. I have used them with no ill effects. I have used the regular OXY before, but I just used it to wash brewing utensils and not soak them.

Cheers!
:chug:

I finally found some on Amazon. It is listed as Oxyclean Versatile Free. According to the picture it says "new and improved". It is in a 3lb tub with a green lid for $8.77. The description says free of perfume, dyes and chlorine, so hopefully this is the right stuff!! LOL

Thanks for all your help! Once again you all are johnny on the spot with information and suggestions for us noobs.

Guest System Admin

Waly-world carries Sun-Oxygen cleaner that is free of scent and dyes. I have read many use and like it. Plus side it is cheaper.

I tried to find the Sun Oxygen cleaner, but they never have it in stock.

Amazon is usually the best place to snag Oxyclean.

"Trumpetguy" post=252863 said:

I finally found some on Amazon. It is listed as Oxyclean Versatile Free. According to the picture it says "new and improved". It is in a 3lb tub with a green lid for $8.77. The description says free of perfume, dyes and chlorine, so hopefully this is the right stuff!! LOL

Thanks for all your help! Once again you all are johnny on the spot with information and suggestions for us noobs.

That's the one. I keep a stash on hand at all times.

I've been using a generic brand from one of the dollar stores that I picked up for $2. Works fine, no residual smells in the LBK or bottles and everything seems squeeky clean.

I ordered some on amazon as well. If you purchase 3 the shipping is free and the stuff will keep for quite awhile without going bad!

I was at Wal-Mart last night and they had a ton of the OxyClean Free. It was called OxyClean Versatile Free. It was approx $8 for a big tub of it. The smaller containers were $3.50 or so.

52263d1331601215-oxy-clean-question-prod