Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
corwashere

Super Duper Brewing Shelf

Having taken SWMBO's advice, I have begun the process of cleaning up my work room and organizing my "brewing stuff". Here are a couple pictures of my "brewing shelf". The top 2 shelves are for fermenting things and the bottom 2 shelves are for bottling things.

Just as an aside, I've really taken to using plastic Perrier bottles. They look like "nice" beer bottles, plus they come in a case of 24. Each bottle is exactly one pint! ( I just have to keep reminding SWMBO to not throw them out after she's done with them )

-cor-

Very nice. If I ever clear out enough room in my office, that's exactly what I'd love to do. Enjoy.

That looks like a nice nook for your brewing and beer. I wish I had room for one in my place, but I have too much other stuff to store. :(

Nice brew station! It's great to have a set-up like that. My brother built me one last summer. It's made brewing and bottling much, much simpler for me.

EDIT: Dammit! I finally figured out how to post pictures, and then they go and change the formatting on me! Anyone know how to do this?

All I did was do the file attachment. I am thinking the pictures that I've seen embedded in posts recently are links, but I'm still a newbie to this forum so I could be way off.

"corwashere" post=255338 said:

Having taken SWMBO's advice, I have begun the process of cleaning up my work room and organizing my "brewing stuff". Here are a couple pictures of my "brewing shelf". The top 2 shelves are for fermenting things and the bottom 2 shelves are for bottling things.

Just as an aside, I've really taken to using plastic Perrier bottles. They look like "nice" beer bottles, plus they come in a case of 24. Each bottle is exactly one pint! ( I just have to keep reminding SWMBO to not throw them out after she's done with them )-cor-

Brings a tear to my eye and joy to my heart to see beautiful brew setup pics
like this. Thanks for sharing

"FedoraDave" post=255541 said:

EDIT: Dammit! I finally figured out how to post pictures, and then they go and change the formatting on me! Anyone know how to do this?

Dave, as corwashere pointed out, it looks like they just removed the old place to insert pic files and combined it with the place to insert all other files. I tried it once, and it seemed to work very well. The list of files you see in that one place now includes jpg and such.

"Joechianti" post=255724 said:

"FedoraDave" post=255541 said:

Dave, as corwashere pointed out, it looks like they just removed the old place to insert pic files and combined it with the place to insert all other files. I tried it once, and it seemed to work very well. The list of files you see in that one place now includes jpg and such.

Or you can upload the image to photobucket & just copy & paste the IMG link.photobucket-12876-1331736930198.jpg

Photo03061830.jpg' alt='>'>

Okay, for some reason, it worked this time. Anyway, this is the Brew/Bottling station my brother Ed built for me, and that's Ed himself, relaxing, not worrying, and having a homebrew.

I can fit a five-gallon carboy and 2 LBKs side by side at the right end, and bottle a batch down at the left end, where Ed's sitting. And I've got enough room for at least a couple cases of bottles on the bottom shelf. Fortunately, most of my bottles are full at the moment. :stout:

Heh, heh. :cheer: Won't be long now until your work room is your brew room, and you'll be thinking of building a shed outside to keep your tools. Picture a half dozen carboys, a couple fridges, five hundred or so bottles and an assortment of kegs. Yep. You're on your way. :drinking:

Wow, FedoraDave, very nice. Although, I don't have that much space in my work room. I still need to leave enough room for my work bench so I can still make my cigar box guitars (my other obsessive hobby!)