Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
meopilite

How do you enjoy ur beer?

Just outa interest, how do you all enjoy your beer? With friends? Sitting out on the deck? Fishing? Watching the football game?

Myself, being a bachelor, and having the house to myself, either im enjoying my beer barbecuing out on the deck, or shooting pool/watching football with friends.

Mostly with friends who also enjoy good beer. We have our ears opened to special casks of beer and try to make those special nights.
Other times, during some musical jams, on breaks, we swap beers that we like.
And still others, like this past Sunday when the weather was seasonably perfect, my wife and I sat in the back yard, enjoying the sun and cool breeze. She drank the seasonal pilsner and I hit the stout and black ipa.

Do we really need a reason to enjoy good beer? :woohoo:

I like to sit in the garage or back yard on a nice day. otherwise at home on the borg.

Ofcourse I love sharing brews with friends at poker parties too and any other random get togethers.

I enjoy my stout whenever I drink it :chug:

I usually set aside 4 for Friday nights, and have one whenever I get stuck cleaning up the kitchen after my wife's cooking or whenever I'm running the grill. If I was single, I'm sure I'd drink more.

How do I enjoy my beer??
---With a Smile!

==========

Actually, I prefer to save my beer for very, very special occassions:

Monday: Wrestling
Tuesday: Sitting on the couch watching TV
Wednesday: Sitting on the couch watching TV
Thursday: Wrestling
Friday: Wrestling/other sports
Saturday: Outside enjoying the day and then later Inside enjoying the day
Sunday: Sitting on the couch watching sport.

BTW -- if there's football or hockey games or horse racing on...you can include that.

I usually drink alone in my apartment. Crying, and with the lights off.

I usually sit outside jivex's house knocking gently but never being let in......

How far I've come with beer.......

I am 42. When I was 15 I would sneak quarts of Bud or....get ready for it, Colt 45. Then again, weed was always higher on my list...once we scored a keg of Heineken and we all thought we had discovered greatness.

I hate Heineken now.

Used to get douche chills over going out on Friday and Saturday nights. Now I just want to go/be home.

I think it was in the late 80s that I discovered Anchor steam and Sam Adams. That was probably my first foray into better beer. Actually, maybe Bass Ale...I also discovered Hacker-Pshorr Weiss beer.

In the early 90s we would go to the Manhattan Brewing company. This was very early in the revolution and Garrett Oliver was the brewer. He then moved to Zip City and The Tap room and we followed. I would also go to McSorley's Ale House.....I think they changed their recipe for the worse...

About 4-5 years ago someone started turning me on to the Belgians, and eventually to the Blind Tiger Ale house.

Now, Sunday afternoons are my time to go there, have (hopefully) only 3 really good ones....not crowded or loud of full of the date scene, I can sit and relax and reflect in a glass.

I also enjoy Friday and Saturday nights at home, usually running around, cooking, brewing or bottling, and enjoying the family.

I TRY....not to drink Mon-Thurs....

I enjoy my beer with a meal (after all, beer is food) or without food! My idea of balanced diet is beer in each hand. :party:

I tend to have one to unwind after I've gotten home and changed my clothes and washed up a little.

Then I'll usually have one or two after dinner, while I watch TV/cruise the Borg.

Of course, I'll have to have one or two if I'm barbecueing, and if company comes over, we'll share some of my homebrews. I try to keep three or four assorted six packs in the fridge at all times.

:mow:

"jivex5k" post=255417 said:

I usually drink alone in my apartment. Crying, and with the lights off.

Bwaa...that was funny!

Most anytime I drink it, But when friends and neighbours stop by, or when I drink alone.

1. After working out. Need to rehydrate of course .
2. With a good meal
3. After a good meal
4. Sitting on the couch watching sports
5. With friends who enjoy good beer.

I'll usually have one every couple of nights after the kids have gone to bed and I'm relaxing with the wife watching TV or such. Since it's always pretty much grill weather in TX I'll have one when I'm "maning the grill." Other than that most of mine are drank a few at a time when we get together w/ friends about every other month. A few of my buddies also homebrew so I'll take a few & share with them.

As hard as it is to believe I actually had to force myself to start drinking awhile back because I was running out of room to store all that I was brewing. We were so busy with activities with the kids that when we got done @ night it was time do due other things that I'd stopped having an occasional beer. Don't have that problem now. :)

T4G

My most prodigious consumption of beer usually takes place at the ballpark. Beer without a doubt tastes so much better while tailgating with friends. Go Brewers!!!

There's so many ways to enjoy it. I really enjoy sipping on one while reading here on the Borg and thinking about my next brew. I enjoy one when I come in from working up a good sweat and sore back doing yard work. I enjoy sharing one or two when a friend or family member drops by. I enjoy one while sitting on the back patio watching the grandkids play. Definitely enjoy several while working over a hot smoke pit.

Heck, I don't think I ever had one that I didn't enjoy, no matter where I was or what I was doing. I guess you could say I enjoy it any way I can get it.

Naked

Of course I mean without any outside additions! ;) (get your mind outa the gutter!)

One place I love having great beer is at an outdoor concert festival. Usually I have to be very stealth and discreet because glass is not allowed in. I'm very careful about recycling bottles and taking them out when we leave. I love having a glass of different varieties of beer while tailgating at a camping spot and people ask "Hey, what's that??". It's also great just camping at a quiet spot...maybe by a river or stream.....

Guest System Admin

Only while living. Once I'm dead, I may not enjoy beer quite as much.

I enjoy drinking around happy hour, having a beer or three, then having a nice meal with my family, and/or friends; either at home, or out & about.

Lately I like to have a couple and share them with my wife.

I'm new to the homebrew hobby, so I have about 8 batches conditioning and drinkable, so I still buy beer at the store. I like to have one store bought beer and then one of my own and compare the flavors and experience between the two. I must be doing something right though as lately my brews are winning!!!

Fully assimilated: :borg:

Guest System Admin

There's usually a procession of grandeur into the garage to retrieve the beer...lol

I save my homebrews for when I can relax and enjoy it appropriately, such as Sunday or a day off during the week where I have nothing to do. There are also times such as during the brew day that I realize I'm a bottle short, I stop and I crack open one and enjoy it.