Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
powers1334

Recipe Collaboration results

I want to start by thanking Fedora Dave for doing the recipe collaboration. I am sure it was a lot of work pairing us all and I personally appreciate any time you took to make it happen. Especially because MonkeyMan and I put together a pretty fine IPA. I learned a bit in the process and enjoyed the experience. I for one am looking forward to another collaboration and the education it brings. Thanks again, Cheers...and RIP to another Raging IPApe!!!

I tried one 2 weeks ago, still had an alcoholic taste (strong) to it...have one in fridge to try again this weekend. How was yours?

"powers1334" post=256078 said:

I want to start by thanking Fedora Dave for doing the recipe collaboration. I am sure it was a lot of work pairing us all and I personally appreciate any time you took to make it happen. Especially because MonkeyMan and I put together a pretty fine IPA. I learned a bit in the process and enjoyed the experience. I for one am looking forward to another collaboration and the education it brings. Thanks again, Cheers...and RIP to another Raging IPApe!!!

It wasn't a lot of work. I just wrote down the names, put them in a couple of hats and paired them up. But thanks for the props. I'm glad you had a good experience with it.

Look for another one coming up in late summer, when the weather cools down a little, and the ripple from all the Father's Day gift noobs subsides a little.

Powers...I'll second your thoughts on thanking FedoraDave. Trollby and I made a Maibock with a grain steep, extract, and hop boil that turned out absolutely awesome. Since the extracts can be a bit pricey, I am now working on coming up with my own recipe for an AG, BIAB Maibock. And the best part is that Trollby is reviewing my work and giving tips and information that I'm using to adjust the original recipe. Not sure when I'll brew it, but this will be my first AG, BIAB.

So, Dave, you have completely succeeded in the idea of the collaboration. In such a short time, I've gone from the basic MB refill all the way to researching and writing my own recipe for a BIAB.

Thanks Dave AND Trollby!!!