Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brian12069

Strawberry Wheat, how does this sound

I just did up a strawberry wheat for the wife for summer. Whispering wheat with booster, 1/4 cup of honey, a half cup of sugar and 2 cups of FRESH strawberries purred. How does that sound?

Booster, honey, sugar, and strawberries are adjuncts. If you haven't made this beer yet, I'd suggest adding a can (probably two) of the Golden Wheat UME, and adding the strawberries after a week to ten days. Did you freeze the berries to get the bacteria killed?

As-is, it will take quite a while to condition out the cidery taste.

If you have more questions about adjuncts, read this.

+1 to the above statement, that will probably come out pretty dry you will not get much honey or strawberry flavor if any.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the above comments. Not enough malt for all those sugary adjuncts, I'm afraid.

I also agree with Abqu about adding the fruit after primary fermentation, to get more flavor out of them.

Chalk it up to a learning experience. This beer may take a long time to condition, and it may not be the beer you want it to be, but it may be drinkable eventually. Don't give up on it.

I have to tell all three of you. We tried one bottle of this. It is not only good but it is very good. The wife loved it. It didn't have any kind of cidery taste. Just a good strawberry flavor.