Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
LouieMacGoo

Columbus Ohio!

Tomorrow I will be heading to Columbus for work. I will be there for the next week working the 3pm to 11pm shift but I do have Sunday off and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a meet up/ beer exchange? I was thinking we could meet on Sunday afternoon at The Elevator Brewery and have a few beers and do the exchange!

**Edit** Just checked the hours for The Elevator and it's closed on Sunday! So I'm open for suggestions!

Let me know if there is any interest!

:cheers: :barman:

Damn!!! I am heading to my brothers in Cleveland on Saturday and I'm not sure when I'll be back on Sunday.

Well let me know if things change. As of now I have nothing to do that day so I would be available whenever. Unless there are others that want to meet up!

I'm working afternoons Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, saturday & Monday so I'd be available durring the day before 2pm. If you wanted to grab lunch?

Bummer...that probably won't work into my schedule. I work about 45 minutes south east of Columbus.

That is a bummer BlackDuck. Let me know if anything changes! I will be bringing a few of my beers with me, just in case!

Anyone else in the Columbus area?? :huh:

Hey there!

Just came across this thread and figured I would toss my name into the Columbus mix. I am actually In the Hilliard/Dublin area about 15 minutes away from Elevator. I am always up for enjoying some craft/micro brews and trading off a few of my own. It'd be cool to find other brewers in the area.

Wow I was really surprised to see this thread active again since I was thinking of resurrecting it myself!

There is a very good possibility that I will be heading back to Columbus for week due to work sometime in July! As soon as I get the confirmation and dates from my boss I will post here so maybe we can have a meet up! :party: :barman:

Excellent! Well I should be in town for the first 3/4th of the month of July. Let me know and we can definitely set something up! I should have 2 brews just finishing up 6 weeks conditioning at that point. Keep me posted!

Excellent news guys.

Louie...definitely keep us posted here. I will be on vacation the week of the 4th but home the rest. The wife is traveling a bit in July, so as long as I can get the in-laws to watch my daughter (which shouldn't be a problem) I should be able to meet.

BeerRx....I'm in Canal Winchester. Would love to set something up sometime.

Great! That first week in July is out for me as well, but the rest of the month should be pretty free and clear.

Good to hear that there is some other local brewers on the board. Duck, I figure we wait to hear from Macgoo and try and set something up for all 3 of us and if that falls through then we can set something else up!

Cheers! :chug:

"BeerRx" post=269044 said:

Duck, I figure we wait to hear from Macgoo and try and set something up for all 3 of us and if that falls through then we can set something else up!

Sounds good to me!! Louie...let us know your schedule when you have it figured out.

"BlackDuck" post=269076 said:

"BeerRx" post=269044 said:

Duck, I figure we wait to hear from Macgoo and try and set something up for all 3 of us and if that falls through then we can set something else up!

Sounds good to me!! Louie...let us know your schedule when you have it figured out.

I sure will! I'm hoping to know more on Monday and post here as soon as I have info to share!

Okay then! It looks like I will be heading to Columbus on Sunday July 7th and will be there through July 13th! I will working until 4 or 5 pm each day Monday thru Friday so I should be free in the evenings! :party: :barman:

Excellent! I'll be in town all week and unfortunately I don't know my work schedule yet. I'll be working 9-9 on the days that I end up working. Should know which days by next week.

I won't have anything too sophisticated to share, A tweaked and cascade hopped pale ale and a yuengling style liberty hopped HCCD but both turned out pretty decent in my books. I'll have 3 more batches bottled about the time you get into town but no where near ready.

We can meet at any of the local breweries around town or 1 of my 2 favorite craft beer spots, Hal and Als or World of Beer. Both have a phenomenal beer selection and I tend to lean towards Hal's just because it's good people there.

Let me know your thoughts! :charlie:

Sounds good! We can nail down the specifics when it gets closer! I don't have a lot in the pipeline right now but I should have the El Tardo Grande that I just brewed in the bottle that I will bring. Really looking forward too meeting up with you and BlackDuck!

Sweet deal fellas!! I return from vacation on the 7th...so I'm good that week. I work until 5 each day, so the evenings should work just fine. I've got a few in the pipeline also. Is the El Tardo Grande Nong's Irish Red? If so, I've got that available also, would be cool to taste the next to each other and see how similar or different they are. We'll have to figure out a way that we can taste ours...I'm sure where ever we meet up wont let us bring our own in. World of Beer looks like a great spot to meet!!!

BlackDuck if you are headin to Cleveland send me a PM and maybe we can exchange a few beers. I am in Brunswick just south of Cleveland.

"Ossian666" post=269678 said:

BlackDuck if you are headin to Cleveland send me a PM and maybe we can exchange a few beers. I am in Brunswick just south of Cleveland.

I'll keep that in mind....the company I work for has an office/warehouse in Brunswick so I know the area well and travel up there every now and then. And my brothers live in Columbia Station and Avon. Next time I get up there, I'll drop you a line.

Great!!!!:banana:

Well it sounds like we got a place picked out! Now just need to decide on a date and time. I will actually be coming in on Sunday, July 8th not sure what time though, but since I don't have family or other obligations other then work while I'm there I'll let you two decide when to meet!

BlackDuck, the El Tardo Grande will be bottled but still be a little young to drink, but I'll bring it so you can try it when it's ready! I also have a couple others I can bring like my Eyeopener Sumatra Stout and my American Amber Hopped Up Blonde.

:chug:

After looking at both websites of the places that BeerRx recommended, we may want to rethink the location. It doesn't look like World of Beers serves food. I'm gonna have to eat something!!!

BeerRx...Does World of Beers have a food menu??? Which one is better??

World of beers doesn't have a food menu but they have an agreement set up with 4 or 5 local sit down good restaurants that will deliver to the bar for free.

Not to sway the choice at all but Hal and Als does a happy hour every day of the week from 4-8pm in which all of their already reasonably priced ($4-$7) craft pints are half off (so $2-$3.50 a pint). And knowing the bartenders there, as long as we are discrete with our homebrews, they probably won't care if we bring them in. I'll actually be there on Friday (completing my parsons st challenge!) so I'll chat with them and see what they think. Hal and Al's serves food but it's all vegan there. That being said, their french fries, fried oreos ( :woohoo: ), Fried avacado, and veggie pizza are all awesome (I personally am not vegan whatsoever but if that's your thing, they have great selections). and they always have free fresh popped popcorn.

You can check out the beer selection at http://www.halandals.com/drink and navigate around to find their menu as well. I can pretty much guarantee that 4-5 of those taps will rotate by the time we get there too.

I am not at all against World of Beers, because it's a great place, but I think Hal and Als is a better bang for the buck.

Dudes, vegan or not, Hal and Als is awesome. Gotta see if I can get down there. I'm not sure I can make it but I wish I could if I can't.

"BeerRx" post=269774 said:

I am not at all against World of Beers, because it's a great place, but I think Hal and Als is a better bang for the buck.

I'm good with Hal and Al's...sounds like it's a favorite of yours so let's give it a roll. I'm not vegan either, but I love food, doesn't really matter what it's made of!!!

"mashani" post=269807 said:

Dudes, vegan or not, Hal and Als is awesome. Gotta see if I can get down there. I'm not sure I can make it but I wish I could if I can't.

When we've got everything figured out, we can let you know the date and time. Maybe you can make it. What area are you in??

Hello all!

Sorry for the delay in posting on here. Got my work schedule and it's looking like the only evenings that are going to work out for me will be Sunday the 8th or tuesday the 10th. I'll be heading out of town on friday the 13th and I'll be unavailable the other days.

Let me know what works best for you guys!

"BeerRx" post=271723 said:

Hello all!

Sorry for the delay in posting on here. Got my work schedule and it's looking like the only evenings that are going to work out for me will be Sunday the 8th or tuesday the 10th. I'll be heading out of town on friday the 13th and I'll be unavailable the other days.

Let me know what works best for you guys!

As long as I know ahead of time so I can make sure to leave early enough, Sunday would work for me. Tuesday works too! Just let me know know when and where!

How does this sound guys: Tuesday the 10th, 6:30 pm at Hal and Al's. If that turns out to be a bust, which I doubt, we can head over to World of Beers, it's not a far drive. BeerRx...did you ever find out if we could bring a few home brews in with us?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys! My gmail decided to send all of my mr beer forum subscription emails to my spam folder suddenly starting july 1st after month of it not being spam? Beats me.

Tuesday at 6:30 sounds great at Hal and Als. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to find out if homebrews were allowed or not. My plan is to bring my beers along and then play it by ear. I wish I had bottled into 12oz bottles instead of the MrB 1 liter bottles. It would make life much easier!

No problem on the delay. Sounds like the plans are set. I got a PM from Louie and so far, his schedule looks good also. I'll bring a couple of beers too, but I would be surprised if they let us in with them.