Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
mtsoxfan

Star san users....help

I'm just starting to use star san. I thought I read here it was OK to have some bubbles left in bottle when bottling but wanted to double check. Is it acceptable to have some bubbles in the bottle when bottling? They've been draining upside down for a hour or so.

Don't fear the foam. No worries at all. Whatever is left in the bottle is simply broken down into water by the beer.

It is perfectly normal to have foam left over in the bottles. Remember, DON"T FEAR THE FOAM!!!!

Guest System Admin

I was right there with you a few months back, Mtsoxfan. Oly and the Borg members told me the same thing. Some times my amount of foam seems excessive, but they are right, my brews are just getting better and better!
:borg: :)

+1 on don't fear the foam. Star San does have a low foam version now though.

I have used it and it is good also.

LC

I Love Star-San...put it in a spray bottle and I must spray my hands at least 20 times a batch, I fear the Germs, Never Fear the FOAM. One ounce goes a frickin' long way. :charlie:

I trust the info, that's why I asked. So bottles cleaned and full of an Oaked Stout. Next up, a rye beer.
My pipeline is sure to become extinct this Sunday. My son's unit is being deployed overseas in a few weeks, so it'll be a family get together. Real good food and some brews too.

"mtsoxfan" post=257984 said:

I trust the info, that's why I asked. So bottles cleaned and full of an Oaked Stout. Next up, a rye beer.
My pipeline is sure to become extinct this Sunday. My son's unit is being deployed overseas in a few weeks, so it'll be a family get together. Real good food and some brews too.

Thanks to your son and his comrades. Toast to him & his group for all of us here on the borg. We love our freedom and for that we love your son. Hoppy Brew Day to you and yours.

I am blind responding to your posts, before I even read the thing: The answer to your question is "Don't fear the foam." Now I will read your post...

[Please Wait]

Yep. Don't fear the foam.

"mtsoxfan" post=257949 said:

Thanks.... it was more the word "acid" I was fearing... :)

Well, there's acid, and then there's ACID!!

In the case of Star San, it's just the level of pH, which isn't base, and isn't neutral, therefore it's acid. It's pretty mild, actually, but it gets the job done, and it's not like someone dumped the contents of a car battery in your beer.

"SenorPepe" post=258099 said:

Uh...guys? Your beer is "acid".

*Your* beer is acid...

Mine is the nectar of the gods :gulp:

If a bottle slips out of your hand, does that mean you just dropped acid?

Acid is also really good.......