Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZeeBeer

Batch Prime success

So a little over two months ago I got two slimlines at WalMart and tried batch priming for the first time. I used ScrewyBrewers batch prime calculator and mixed it up, bottled and let it go. I cracked open a couple of bottles last week and not only did I have a great tasting beer but it was perfectly carbonated. I was very pleased with the results and plan to batch prime from now on. My earlier beers using bottle priming were usually over carbonated (even had a couple of beers explode on me when opening, although it was the MrBeer black&booberry bock recipe and a lot of the trub got into the bottles).

I bottled a porter last month using slightly less sugar to get a CO2 around 2.0 and will try it this weekend to see how it turned out.

Guest System Admin

Gotta love the batch prime. Good to hear you're success. Remember when you use Screwy's calc to select the right primer as the default is corn sugar. Just say I learned from trial and error.

I just bottled batch 179 .. and I've only ever bottle primed. I've always had excellent results, so I've never been motivated to get "extra stuff" to batch prime. But, I'm glad you're likin' it.