Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
fsuinnc

2 questions in 1 about the Patriot American Lager

I am a pretty big fan of Yuengling. Has anyone tried the Patriot American Lager refill and would you describe is at similar to a regular Yuengling?

Second, I recently finished off a batch of the Mountain Raspberry refill (loved it). Anyone have thoughts about adding a can of Raspberries to the Patriot American Lager and how that might turn out? And would I need to add honey? (I guess that's three questions)

Hello there fsuinnc. Welcome to the forum.

The "Patriot American Lager" is a new refill that has just been offered, so none of us have actually had a chance to try (taste) it yet.

For your 2nd question: last night I ordered a new recipe called "Blue Patriot", which uses the Patriot American Lager and blueberries. I would imagine that the same could be done with raspberries. You might want to check that out. If you do try it, I'd be interested in hearing your results. I've got the Mountain Raspberry currently conditioning in my pipeline.

http://www.mrbeer.com/product-exec/product_id/1035/nm/Blue_Patriot1

Rick

Thanks. I knew the Patriot lager was new, just didn't know it was that new.

Yeah, some people got it around Monday/Tuesday as a preview, and has been available for purchase since the end of this week. In a month and a half, I'd suspect to see some results.

You could also try to make some yourself, almost going into the recipes blind. If you do, I'd love to hear your results.