Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
shanne1020

Will this work?

I've seen that posted before. There are a few Steel Jan devotees on the board. Can't think of any reason that it wouldn't work as advertised.

Seems plausible. I don't know, though...that shaking looks more laborious than stirring the booster and HME into the suggested four cups!! Haha.

"oly" post=264972 said:

I've seen that posted before...Can't think of any reason that it wouldn't work as advertised.

Ditto.

I noticed in the video he used reverse osmosis water. I thought that was not recommended.

Rick

I'm a noob but I recall reading that using filtered or reverse osmosis water doesn't matter if you're using extracts because the extract contains all of the minerals, etc that are removed from the water. Hopefully one of the expert borg members will chime in...

Not gonna lie, I really like being able to bottle straight from my LBK. Seems like this method, while awesome, adds a little more work on bottling day.

I brewed my first batch this way. Still one of my best batches. Go figure?!! Not too tough to bottle, just drain or siphon into the lbk or botteling bucket.

Guest System Admin

"rickbray66" post=265043 said:

I noticed in the video he used reverse osmosis water. I thought that was not recommended.

Rick

"dchale" post=265058 said:

I'm a noob but I recall reading that using filtered or reverse osmosis water doesn't matter if you're using extracts because the extract contains all of the minerals, etc that are removed from the water. Hopefully one of the expert borg members will chime in...

The water is more important if your using grains only.

Extracts have everything the yeast needs, if worried you could always add some yeast nutrients.

Chlorine and other additives in the water can give off flavors, why some use filtered or bottled water. If the water is fine in your area, then not an issue.

Rick

Ummmm, Rick I don't know quite how to tell you this but, ummmmmm the person in the video is actually a ummmmmmmm woman. :ohmy: :dry: :blush:

I have about 6 cans of old MR. Beer extract lying around. Maybe i'll give this a shot! I would use an airlock on top though. No point in snapping the spout back on if you have a stopper and airlock available.

Although I would dump out the 1/2 gallon first, than use another half gallon to warm up to dissolve the booster and extract, than add right back into that container with a funnel.

"k9dude" post=265162 said:

Rick

Ummmm, Rick I don't know quite how to tell you this but, ummmmmm the person in the video is actually a ummmmmmmm woman. :ohmy: :dry: :blush:

Doh!!!

What does that say when I pay more attention to the beer than the rest of the video???

:whistle:

Rick

"D Rabbit" post=265166 said:

Although I would dump out the 1/2 gallon first, than use another half gallon to warm up to dissolve the booster and extract, than add right back into that container with a funnel.

Defeating the purpose of no boil brewing. No pot, no fermentor, no power.

you know, I bought 2 of those 2&1/2 gallons of Water for my first 2 Brews, and, I checked today, I can get 3 of those containers in my 4.4 Mini Fridg

now I just got to figure out how to hook up a Bottle Filler tube to the containers, any ideas ?

Jim