Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
shanne1020

Score!!

I have been reading for about the last month, trying to get a litte bit of knowledge before I brewed my first batch. I been watching this on ebay and ended up winning it last night. Mr Beer has this at 49.99 on their site, I will have a total of 29.00 after shipping.. I did pretty good! So needless to say I am now super excited that I have my first kit on the way and will be brewing my first batch of beer very soon.. Woohoo!! :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330739979528?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Great deal!!! Welcome to the obsession my friend! As you probably already know, the folks on here can give you a hand on any problems you might encounter.

Brand-new, unused, and unopened. Excellent. The only issue may be the included yeast. It will have a packaging date stamped on it, i.e. Y15111. In this example the yeast was packaged on the 151st day of 2011. Mr Beer claims their yeast is good for three years from this date. Hopefully it was stored in a cool, dry place.

Anyway, if the yeast is out of date you might want to think about replacing it. If you order the MB Dry Ale Yeast from the MB website, then purchase some extra. Pitching 2-3 packs (4-6 grams per 2 gal) will produce better results.

:cheers: