Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
losman26

Disappointed with co2 keg charger on Amazon.

Well, I'm taking a beach trip on Monday, and wanted to bring one of my kegs for friends to try. Orderd the co2 keg charger from Amazon, not realizing that you need a threaded out on the gas. I wish they had said this on the Amazon site, or it should be included for a slightly higher price. Now, if I wanna bring my keg, I'm gonna have bring the co2 tank as well, because the threaded out that I ordered will not arrive in time. More than likely, I'll leave the keg at home.

Sorry to hear that. I was worried you might be talking about the 2.5 gallon kegs that use co2 cartridges. My gf just got me one of those and I am anxiously awaiting it.

I'm guessing you have the corny Keg with the party tap and keg charger. This is good, because all the fittings are there. However, I'd definitely get that thing hooked up to a co2 tank to force carb. BTW-- Williams brewing also has a 1.7 corny keg which is perfect for Mr. Beer batches. I'm debating on getting either one of those which easily fits in a small fridge or another 2.5 gal one.

I know what you mean. I was lucky - I'm headed to camp at the lake for a week this Sunday and I'm tkaing a 2.5G with me. I stopped at my LHBS to pick up a charger so I wouldn't have to take my tank and they actually called out that I needed a threaded QD so I picked one up while I was there.

"Kealia" post=266778 said:

I know what you mean. I was lucky - I'm headed to camp at the lake for a week this Sunday and I'm tkaing a 2.5G with me. I stopped at my LHBS to pick up a charger so I wouldn't have to take my tank and they actually called out that I needed a threaded QD so I picked one up while I was there.

Yeah, I'm super pissed about it that I probably won't even bring the keg.I don't want to drive two hours away with a 5 lb co2 tank and everything. If I had known, I would have just ordered it from Rebel Brewer instead of Amazon.