Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
oldogcat

sugar

no matter how sugar i use. my beer has a bitter taste. I used honey,lite brown sugar. I like the taste of honey brown beer. but i can't get the sweet taste.maybe I am trying to much to soon. any sugestions

This is a tough one. The reason being is that all the sugar you put into the beer gets fermented by the yeast leaving your beer dryer. Even if you wait and add it after primary fermentation the yeast will ferment the honey plus you have the risk of infection. If you heat honey at all it will lose most of the flavor you want even before it ferments.

If you really want a honey flavor maybe try steeping some honey malt.

as I sugested/asked in a simular post on another thread for this, the honey/brown sugar will NOT add sweetness to your brew because it will ferment out.
If you add too much sugar(s), it will leave a cidery taste (tart), and will take a long time to condition out.
if you are adding too many hops, that too may be playing in the flavors you're talking about.
if you want a "sweeter" beer, you could always use lactose, as it is sweet and does not ferment out.
it's always better to let us know exactly what you made your beer with, and how much of what, and when. That way, we can better advise you.

If you want a sweeter beer, use more malt without a hops addition. It would help if you posted yiou recipes so we can get a better idea about what may be going on with your brews.