Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cleveland013

MAJOR CRAIGS LIST SCORE!!!!!!!

Hey guys SCORED a MAJOR find on Craigslist today!

Got 12 boxes of Mr. Beer International Series 3 pack Refills AND a LBK for $20!!!

So I'm now the proud owner of:

12 cans of Whispering Wheat Weizenbier HME
12 cans of High Country Canadian Draft HME
11 cans of Octoberfest Vienna Lager HME (1 box was open and missing this HME)

TOTALLY HAPPY WITH MY FIND. Well worth the 30 minute drive out to the guy's house.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :chug:

[attachment=8197]score.jpg[/attachment]

Whoa! That's awesome!
The best I ever saw around my area was 12 cans of HME plus the LBK, and it was being offered for free
Unfortunately I saw the add moments too late

Waht a great deal!!! You'll be brewing for a long time with this find.

:gulp: :banana:

I think you may have set a world's record there. That is amazingly good. Congratulations.

[edit] - I'm green with envy. In my town, you're lucky to find any used brewing stuff, including Mr Beer, used, for about $5 less than original new price. I've been looking every day for months and that's all I ever see. Might have to move soon.

Thanks guys!! I was totally shocked when I first read the post, thinking it was a typo, but the guy confirmed 12 boxes, so $20 later, it is ALL mine :)

Pete - I usually just search under "beer" or "brew". You have to scroll through beer signs, bottles, etc but sometimes there are a few gems hidden amongst the posts! :)

That's enough to open you own retail store!
Just curious, what's the oldest date out of the bunch?

Beer-Lord. The guy told me he bought them all at the same time, looks like BB&B on clearance. The one open box has use by dates of May of this year.

I cracked open another box and they're May 2012 as well.

I know they will be a little past use by date when I brew, but I plan on adding some DME and maybe a hops boil so I'm pretty sure even if they are a tad past their prime, they'll make some tasty beer. :)

"Cleveland013" post=267360 said:

Thanks guys!! I was totally shocked when I first read the post, thinking it was a typo, but the guy confirmed 12 boxes, so $20 later, it is ALL mine :)

Pete - I usually just search under "beer" or "brew". You have to scroll through beer signs, bottles, etc but sometimes there are a few gems hidden amongst the posts! :)

Shit I never thought about putting beer in the search box. :blush:

You might want to swap out the yeast. The rest should be fine for sure. Nice score!

Guest System Admin

Never sind anything this good!

DAMN that is almost Stealing!

12 packs is normally $360 and an sale $240.

That guy had no idea what he had and you got the deal of the century

If you are from the Cleveland area--where did you have to drive to? I am in Sandusky and I check Craigslist everyday and din't see that. Congrats.

So jealous! :angry:

That is an awesome find, man. Congrats! :cheers:

Birdman - It was listed as Cleveland. Ultimately it turned out to be a little south of Lakewood.

It was an older entry too when I found it, several weeks old, but remarkably no one had picked it up yet... :)

"mashani" post=267374 said:

You might want to swap out the yeast. The rest should be fine for sure. Nice score!

I was thinking I would need to do that as well. A small price to pay. :)

"pete rose haircut" post=267359 said:

Grats!

What category do you guys look under to find this stuff?

I normally do a search on beer, brew and keg, and it's amazing some of the stuff that's out there.

One guy advertised that he had put his apartment sized beer fridge out on the curb in front of his house, first come, first served. Another guy had a Super Bowl party and advertised that he put all his brew ready glass bottles out in his recycling bin.

I started this thread when I found a guy that had kegs for sale cheap. Sadly, I was out of town for the weekend and didn't see the ad until Sunday night, especially since he had 3 gallon kegs, which in my area are as rare as hens teeth.

I ended up getting my 5 gallon kegs from my favorite LHBS, which actually turned out to be a better deal. They clean them, replace the seals pressurize them, then put them on the shelf. They guarantee they don't leak, plus they give you an extra set of seals.