Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Elsteve-o

I had my first bock beer

I must say at first it tasted like burnt coffee and I despised it. I actually took another sip and loved it. I think this whole trying new beer out is working well for me. So far I havent found one I havent liked yet. I am yet to try a real stout though. :cheers:

I had almost zero understanding of different beer styles before I started brewing here. I knew I liked them pretty dark and malty, but that's all. Now I'm trying different beers to see what's out there and learn a little about them. I think my favorite might be the doppelbock. When I saw bock in your post, my hert skipped a beat. Okay, I think I'm in trouble.

haha joe maybe you need to see a cardiologist..................that way you can get a script for beer

I love a good Bock beer and the Brew Ha Bock was a staple in my pipeline. Now that it's gone I don't know if I should try to make it from the new stuff or take this opportunity to move on away from the MrB stuff. Decisions, decisions. I need to decided soon because I'm down to my last bottle. :(

I've suddenly come into a lot of HCCD Hme's and was really looking forward to making the Brew Ha Ha. But MB is of course out the Mellow Amber UME that went with it.

I've been told I can try to use 1# of Amber DME as a sub for the UME. I hope it's close, since so many people have raved about the origional Brew Ha Ha.

Anyone try this sub and know it works? I'm at a slight disadvantage not having tried the Brew Ha Ha with the original UME.

"Cleveland013" post=267959 said:

I've suddenly come into a lot of HCCD Hme's and was really looking forward to making the Brew Ha Ha. But MB is of course out the Mellow Amber UME that went with it.

I've been told I can try to use 1# of Amber DME as a sub for the UME. I hope it's close, since so many people have raved about the origional Brew Ha Ha.

Anyone try this sub and know it works? I'm at a slight disadvantage not having tried the Brew Ha Ha with the original UME.

Or maybe you're at an advantage. If it comes out good, but slightly different, you won't know it's different, just that it's good.

"bpgreen" post=267980 said:

"Cleveland013" post=267959 said:

Or maybe you're at an advantage. If it comes out good, but slightly different, you won't know it's different, just that it's good.

Good Point :)