Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
stmag1300

Bread?

I remember finding a thread about making bread from the stuff at the bottom of the keg. Does anyone have that link or where to find it? Thanks...I really want to try it.

:chug:

Thanks bp, that's exactly what I was looking for....well actually the link within that link. Thank you!

"stmag1300" post=268200 said:

Thanks bp, that's exactly what I was looking for....well actually the link within that link. Thank you!

I just used the search. It helped that I knew that "the stuff on the bottom of the keg" has a name (trub).

Wow, so gonna have to try this!! My mom makes FANTASTIC homemade bread, now I'm gonna have to give her my trub to try something new lol.

There are a lot of bread recipes which use beer (instead of water/other liquid). After using a few of them I decided to just substitute beer for water in ANY recipe. The trub contains vitamins & doesn't seem to adversely affect the way the bread tastes.

That is true so long as you don;t use TOO much of it. I have done a lot of experimenting with this over the past few months and I'll just say... there is a limit to how hoppy you want your bread to be.
So long as you are doing Mr. Beer recipes it shouldn't be a problem but I tried a trub bread made from an IPA I brewed and man that thing was bitter!

Thanks for the warning on IPAs. I don't like very bitter beers so haven't made any.

Yeah I was having a brain fade moment, lol... Just placing the dough in the oven, I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again..

Ok....no can accuse me of being a good baker, but this was easy and not bad at all. Turned out like a "sour dough beer bread".

[attachment=8236]0614122041.jpg[/attachment]

Fresh out of the oven...just add butter.

Looks good and now you've made me hungry! Bet the bread goes great with a good home brew to wash it down.
:chow: