Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
SmokingTony

4 cans American Devil IPA, 1 can Octoberfest Lager

So that's what I got left. I was thinking of doing one of the following

1.) 1 LBK size batch using 3 cans of American Devil IPA and then another LBK with 1 can American Devil and 1 can OVL.

2.) 1 LBK using 2 cans American Devil and I LBK with 2 cans of American Devil and 1 can OVL

3.) Add all 5 cans together and split them between 2 LBKS so that each batch has 2 cans American Devil and 1/2 a can of OVL

4.) Just do 2 normal batches of American Devil, then get some additional light LME and mix it with the OVL

Let me know what you would do. I know #4 is probably playing it safe, but I like to experiment.

I like plans 3 and 4 better than plans 1 and 2. I'm leaning towards 3 the most. That sounds pretty good, but also very hoppy. You're making me thirsty.

#4 will get you 3 batches of beer. That's my vote. Of course you can shake up your ADIPA a bit and add some good stuff there and the same with the OVL. 3 amazing batches compared to 2!

I vote for #4 as well. Since you would be picking up some LME for the OVL, you could also pick up some specialty grains/hops/ any other additional ingredients and experiment with one or both of your ADIPA batches. That way its safe AND you get to experiment :chug:

I like my ADIPAs with 1/2 to 1# of extra light malt and 1/2 to 1oz of extra citrusy or piney hop or hop blend of choice for extra flavor and aroma... amarillo, simcoe, and zythos being my favorites so far.

So I'd vote for #4 too with extra ingredients as Slick2887 mentioned.