Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
alb

Did I jinx it?

I bottled my peanut butter stout today but I didn't have a home brew while I did it. :ohmy:

"alb" post=271351 said:

I bottled my peanut butter stout today but I didn't have a home brew while I did it. :ohmy:

Yep, it's now ruined. You must ship it all to me for proper disposal. :charlie:

Sometimes I find it better to wait on the drinking part. I've found that enjoying too much homebrew while brewing or bottling can be a jinx in itself. :side:

alb, It's not ruined and please let us know how it comes out as well as your recipe if its a hit.

I just tried my bacon stout after 1 week, which I know is too soon, but it was very good already.

Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches on toasted white bread are a favorite of mine so these 2 beers together could be almost the same thing. :laugh:

I bottled my peanut butter stout today but I didn't have a home brew while I did it.

I'm sure it will turn out great. However, if it sticks to the roof of your mouth when you drink it - then you did jinx it!

"mrblase" post=271370 said:

alb, It's not ruined and please let us know how it comes out as well as your recipe if its a hit.

Will do. It won't be ready for 4-5 months but I'l prolly do some tasting every month or so. It's a Christmas present for my brudders, along with a bourbon ale that won't even be bottled until November. It's happily resting in secondary in the basement.

It's just ... well ... wrong! It should be a punishable law against not having a homebrew when u brew, or bottle! IF u lived close enough to me, you would be fined a case and be made to clean my house for one year, twice a week for this horrendous breach of homebrewing!

j/k
:banana:

Bartlett Brewer here you go:

1.2 lb Coopers Stout HME, 7 oz of booster & 12 ozs of medium DME, 3 ozs of crumbled pre-cooked bacon in hop sack at end of first week and 3 tablespoons of lactose. MRBeer yeast 2 grams but I would increase that to 4 grams if you have it or 5.5 grams of Nottingham's.

Add DME, lactose and booster to a quart of water and bring to boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat and add stout HME. Mix well and add hot wort to LBK and fill to the 8.5 mark. After wort cools to 70 degrees pitch yeast. Wait 5 minutes and stir vigorously.

At end of 7 days I add 3-4 ozs of precooked bacon cutup into small pieces and placed in a hop sack. First I microwaved the bacon for 20 seconds on paper towels and then patted it with another clean towel. You want to get as much of the grease off the bacon as you can since its non fermentable and could interfear with the yeast doing its job.

Ferment for another 7-10 days, check FG and if unchanged 2 days in a row bottle. I used 12 oz bottles with one Cooper's carb drop in each. You can us sugar or other fermentable such as booster to prime with.

This should carb and condition for at least 4-6 weeks. I couldn't wait and tried one after a week and it was pretty well carbed and tasted very nice with a hint of bacon, not overpowering at all but definitely a bacon after taste.

My OG was 1.04 and FG was 1.014 for an ABV of 3.4%. Good luck if you make it and let us know how it turns out.