Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
kwimberly

Introduction - Sweltering in Orlando

Long time lurker, finally introducing myself.

I have a three-LBK system (not batch priming or anything, just three LBKs for fermenting).

Today I have a batch of WCPA and Canadian High Country ready to drink. I also have a Cerveza Cinco de Mayo recipe (my first using hop pellets), a Defibrillator Doppelbock 7, and another WCPA conditioning.

I'm about to head up to my LHBS for some bottles because I apparently brew more than I drink, and I have a "new style" Bavarian Weissbier that just hit 4 weeks in the LBK. Need to bottle it! I'm also going to buy some heat-friendly yeasts to try first non-fromunda batch. I keep the house at 74/75, but this summer might force me to find a better way to cool my brewery/closet.

Been getting great info from the board. Will try to contribute more in the future.

d82dbae8.jpg

Welcome to the Borg Kwimberly!

Love the brew closet set-up! My brew area consists of a little spot in the corner of the basement and is no where near as neat and organized as this haha

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center Kwimberly. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: we have BEER.

Kinda looks like you do as well.

Welcome finally?!? I mean you have been "lurking" so you sound like you pretty much know the drill! There are a lot of good people here ready to answer any questions you might have, so please don't hesitate to ask!

:cheers: and Welcome again! :borg:

Kevin,
I'm sorry to hear that you brew faster than you can drink it, but I am a very community service oriented individual, and I also happen to drink faster than I brew, so I may be in a position to help you out with your little problem. Anytime you need help clearing out excess inventory, feel free to PM me and I'll help you drink up that stuff much faster, at no charge of course. Like I said, I'm heavily into community service.

Kevin: welcome to the borg...Now that is the home brew definition of a NICE RACK. Congrats and Hoppy Brewing.
[attachment=8363]thumbs-up.jpg[/attachment]

Welcome to the Collective. :chug: That truly is a sweet set up.

You do have a nice set up. Welcome and keep brewing. You do want a pipeline developed so you do not run out of home brew.

I did the Defibrilator a few months ago, and it turned out pretty good. It may be difficult, but you really want that one to bottle condition for at least 12 weeks. I tried it after 4 weeks and then 8 weeks and it wasnt very good, but it was great after 12 weeks. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the borg and the obsession kwimberly. Not sure if you have made the trip to your LHBS yet, but you may want to look into the Wyeast Belgium Saison yeast. It has a higher temperature range which may come in handy this time of year. I tried it back in May, but my temps here hadn't risen much yet, so my fermentation temps stayed at the bottom end of the range for this yeast. I may try it again before long.

Rick

Welcome to another Floridian! :chug:

It's always good to see someone else with 3 LBKs!

Welcome aboard!