Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
ba1980

Vinator and Bottle Tree - Wow

Bought a vinator and 45 bottle tree a couple of weeks ago, but haven't needed to use it until tonight. I'm surprised at how much time the vinator saves. Sanitizing the bottles before was a major pain, now not at all.

I'm using it with plastic bottles and they don't seem to fit on the vinator that well, but I make them work. They tend to slip off.

I was kind of disappointed to find the vinator wouldn't fit on top of the tree (only works on the 90), but after using it, I don't think I'd want it on top.

Then the bottle tree is nice so I can have the bottles sitting in the floor next to me while the keg is on the stove with bottling wand attached while I'm sitting in the chair bottling.

I picked up a 90 bottle tree about a month ago because I have a basement filled with cases of empty beer bottles that family members have been saving for me, so I figured it would make cleaning and sanitizing them easier.... I have around 5-6 cases of 16oz beer bottles still sitting in the basement waiting to be cleaned....

Anyone want to come over and wash out some empty beer bottles? LOL

I find the vinator bottle rinser and the bottle tree to be worth their weight in gold. I couldn't imagine bottling without them. You are right that the vinator doesn't work well with the MB PET bottles, though it works perfectly when sing 12 oz. glass - and 22 oz. for that matter. I set my vinator in the kitchen sink to keep the mess contained.

For anyone looking to simplify their bottling process, the vinator and bottling tree is a must.

"packerduf" post=272272 said:

I find the vinator bottle rinser and the bottle tree to be worth their weight in gold. I couldn't imagine bottling without them. You are right that the vinator doesn't work well with the MB PET bottles, though it works perfectly when sing 12 oz. glass - and 22 oz. for that matter. I set my vinator in the kitchen sink to keep the mess contained.

For anyone looking to simplify their bottling process, the vinator and bottling tree is a must.

Never thought about putting it in the sink! Great idea!! I always end up having to stop several times to scoop the foam out. Problem solved! Thanks!

"TNT" post=272276 said:

"ba1980" post=272265 said:

I'm using it with plastic bottles and they don't seem to fit on the vinator that well, but I make them work. They tend to slip off.

Watch this video. B)

Does the smiley face do something eventually? How long do i need to watch him? :pound:

Gimme a break... I'm not that great with computers.

I'm TRYING to get the link thing right. :unsure:

Check back in a few minutes!

FINALLY... geez that shouldn't have been so difficult! :angry:

I really need to take some computer classes. :dry:

"TNT" post=272279 said:

Gimme a break... I'm not that great with computers.

I'm TRYING to get the link thing right. :unsure:

Check back in a few minutes!

It was fixed very fast.... i just caught it before the fix :chug:

"Slick2887" post=272268 said:

I picked up a 90 bottle tree about a month ago because I have a basement filled with cases of empty beer bottles that family members have been saving for me, so I figured it would make cleaning and sanitizing them easier.... I have around 5-6 cases of 16oz beer bottles still sitting in the basement waiting to be cleaned....

Anyone want to come over and wash out some empty beer bottles? LOL

Only if I get to help you empty the full bottles first... :chug:

The vinator may be the best accessory I've picked-up to date. It has already paid for itself many times over just in time saved alone. Even though mine will fit on top of the bottle tree, I actually prefer having it down on the counter.

Rick

By far and away one of the best purchase I've made for brewing/bottling. I bought the big one (90ct) from MB as it was the best deal out there with my 20% coupon. My vinator fits on top as it is the same brand as my tree.

+1 on the vinator and bottle tree being an invaluable set of equipment. Makes washing, sanitizing, and bottling much easier.

I use mine on top of the tree, but whatever blows yer skirt up, I guess.

One thing I also do, and I hand this advice out free fer nuthin', is, after the bottles are all sanitized and I'm ready to bottle, I take out the center stem of the vinator and put my bottle caps in it. Handy little dish already full of sanitizer. One more step saved.

"FedoraDave" post=272318 said:

One thing I also do, and I hand this advice out free fer nuthin', is, after the bottles are all sanitized and I'm ready to bottle, I take out the center stem of the vinator and put my bottle caps in it. Handy little dish already full of sanitizer. One more step saved.

++

I have the 90 as well as the bottle rinser. Used the rinser once on top, then moved it into the sink. Now I really don't fear the foam!

+1 FD on using the rinser to hold the caps too. I don't take the center stem out though.

I just ordered the MoreBeer counter-pressure bottle filler to bottle straight from the keg. My days of bottling are going to be minimal from here on out, and I will only bottle on the fly. No more priming sugar, as I like my beers force carbed, unless it's a more complex beer.

I didn't take the center stem out either to sanitize the lids. If I was doing 5 gallons, then maybe I would.

Luv da vinator! Always place mine in the sink when I use it. Would love to have a bottle tree... someday. :gofish:

I can understand putting the vinator in the sink if you're working in the kitchen. I do my bottling in my basement which is unfinished with a slab floor, so a little spillage is no big deal.

FrozenInTime, bottle trees aren't all that expensive, and they're handy as all heck, especially if you're bottling a five-gallon batch. A real space-saver, sez I.

"genotype" post=272591 said:

When I'm bottling outside

bottle_tree-1.jpg

[attachment=8400]laugh_2012-07-04.jpg[/attachment]

bottle_tree-1.jpg

Do you also have a spaghetti tree? And a Cheerios tree? And a Snickers Bar tree?

I must not have a green thumb, because when I planted all those things, they never grew.

"FedoraDave" post=272647 said:

I must not have a green thumb, because when I planted all those things, they never grew.

You need to water them w/ an ESB :charlie:

bottle_tree-1.jpg

Do you also have a spaghetti tree? And a Cheerios tree? And a Snickers Bar tree?

My grandfather had a money tree when I was little. I could never find any money on it, but when he'd look, he somehow always managed to find a few coins. Usually just pennies, because we were too impatient to let them ripen.

"genotype" post=272665 said:

You need to water them w/ an ESB :charlie:

Can I filter it through my kidneys first :banana:

I just bottled my first glass bottles yesterday.
Man it was very quick compared to the plastic ones and using sanitizer in each one.

I have a bottle-washer attachment for my sink, blasts them clean.
Then I just ran them in the dish-washer heat to sanitize while I ran some errands.
Came back and they were cool enough to use.

Fastest and easiest bottling day I've had yet, and the bottles I used all came with free beer!
The bottle tree is a great product, just blast the used bottle and put it up to dry.

Some of the labels are a bit beat up haha. I assume eventually they will just fall off which is fine with me.

bottle vinator ???

I was going to buy one but I didn't know what one to buy, are they all the same brand or is one better ?? I would like to buy a good one..

thanks guys
Jim

"genotype" post=272811 said:

wasn't aware that there were many different ones

just making sure

thanks !

Jim

my pleasure Jim. this little contraption makes sanitizing large batches of bottles a breeze.

"packerduf" post=272824 said:

There are alternatives.

[attachment=8419]bottlingtreealt.jpg[/attachment]

don't forget to sanitize that thing before you use it, I sanitize my tree first for good luck

Jim

"Drink It" post=272827 said:

"packerduf" post=272824 said:

There are alternatives.

[attachment=8419]bottlingtreealt.jpg[/attachment]

don't forget to sanitize that thing before you use it, I sanitize my tree first for good luck

Jim

Oh crap! I'm thinking "bottling tree", but you were asking about the "bottle rinser" (vinator). My apologies.

"genotype" post=272811 said:

wasn't aware that there were many different ones. i bought mine from MoreBeer.

http://morebeer.com/view_product/15682/102303/Sanitizer_Injector

I got the same dealio at my LHBS.

Worth every penny, and then some, sez I.

I tend to agree that there probably aren't too many different ones. You might could shop around and compare prices, but there, too, aside from differing shipping costs, you're probably going to pay X bucks give or take no matter where you get it.

A tip for folks using PET bottles: I had problems with my vinator when using plastic bottles as well. A trip to the hardware store with the stem part of the vinator yielded a stainless steel washer which fits over the stem.

67 cents.

Problem solved. B)