Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
alb

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum...

Got home from the air show, saw a guy staggering down the sidewalk in front of my house. When he got about 2 houses down I got out and asked if he needed help and he came after me. I couldn't believe it. I jumped back in the car, locked the doors, and he came and tried to beat the window in with his fist, then stood there daring me and my BFF to get out. Eventually he started back down the street, and into my neighbor's yard. She's in her mid-90's and I swear if he had gone up on her porch I'd have gotten back out of the car. No way I was going to let him go after her. But he just stumbled through the yard and I called the cops. They called me a little later and told me they had him, he was prolly dangerous and I should've called them first. Um, OK. Lesson learned. I thought he was having heat stroke or something. It's generally a quiet neighborhood. I hope he forgets me, and wonders why his hand hurts.

Yikes, good for you checking in on a fellow human being and shame on him for being a drunk jerk.

A similar thing happened here. Someone called the cops on a guy staggering around the neighborhood. The cops apparently showed up and tased him a few times to get him on the ground. Turns out the guy is epeleptic and was having a seizure and got disoriented. The cops in these parts have a history of bad peace keeping and shoddy policing. Now they'll get to pay the piper again. I can only imagine the outcome if tasers werent around. Theyd have turned this guy into swiss cheese.

Glad your situation was a far different outcome.

Glad to hear everything turned out OK, but man is that scary. I guess this one goes into the "no good deed goes unpunished" category. What I want to know is what did you have to drink after a scare like that?

I'm glad you are OK alb. The guy may not have been drunk. The number of nuts taking "bath salts" running around and doing nasty things are increasing. They are very dangerous. I'd take a drunk over them any day.

It's a shame that you have to fear for your life just for trying to be a nice person. I guess many passed him by and kudos to you for at least trying to help.

"Xeries" post=273347 said:

What I want to know is what did you have to drink after a scare like that?

I called in the big guns: DQ peanut buster parfait and a glass of Black Bushmills. :)

Glad nothing bad happened.

I know a person who's son stopped his car and attempted to help a kid who was being beaten by 2 other kids. He didn't go in fists flying he just yelled to get their attention and let them know someone was watching, while calling the cops.

Turned out they were all members of some kind of gang, they turned on him, even the kid on the ground who was being beaten. They beat the crap out of him. Then when the cops came, they tazed him along with the rest and he got thrown in jail like the rest.

I hate people who stand around and do nothing while someone is getting harmed, but this kind of thing makes you sort of understand why...

Glad you are alright!
I have been hearing a lot of these stories as well... weird.
Is anyone else expecting zombies?
I mean you here enough about these and face eating stories and you start to wonder if you should start preparing for the worst... just sayin!

I'm happy that nothing bad happend to you. I'm the kind of person also that would have got out to see if they were all right, scary stuff. The world is crazy nowdays and I guess you really have to be alert. We had and incident around here a few years ago in the winter, a car was stuck in a snowbank and a guy on his way home from work on the night shift stopped to see if he could help and a couple kids high on drugs beat him todeath with sticks. go to be carefull

Unfortunate that the world we live in requires that we second guess our instincts to help out others (potentially) in need. Glad everything worked out ok and the scumbag is temporarily behind bars

Kinda like when I was in Columbia, MO. My wife, her friends and I walked from one bar to another. Then this dude, with no shirt... was holding his forearm walking down the same way we were walking... I told everyone to get on the other side. We did but he asked us if we had any cigs. I said man you probably have bigger things going on, while seeing his shirt wrapped around his forearm. He removed the shirt and revealed 3 huge lacerations... he pumped his fist to show how his blood just poured onto the brick sidewalk. We called an ambulance and tried to get him to put pressure on it. apparently he was on something. felt bad for him... except when I found out the reason for his injury was he punched in a window of someones car...

"alb" post=273305 said:

I hope he forgets me, and wonders why his hand hurts.

I'm sure he was so wasted he wont remember any of it. Glad you were not harmed by that louse...

Scary!

I'm glad nothing bad happened to you and your friend (and the 90-year-old woman, too).

Alb Glad nothing happened was this after a great day at the airshow??