Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
drichardson

Red Raspberry Hard Cider Carbonating problem

Hey everyone!

I could really use some help on my latest batch of brew so hopefully I can salvage it!

I bottled a batch of Archer's Hard Apple cider that I added Red Raspberies too on 6/18/12. I bottled in just regular brown pop bottles and I noticed that the bottles were not getting very rock hard. I cracked one today just to try and there was very little "hiss" when I opened it. I tried it and there was zero carbonation and still a little bit of a yeast flavor remaining.

What should I do about this?!?! I was thinking leave it a couple more weeks or just go ahead and open then all and re-add the sugar to see if that starts the process over.

The bottles have remained in a condition of about 72-78 degrees Fahrenheit for the last three weeks so I'm not sure what else the problem would be.

Please let me know what the proper action to take is to salvage my Hard Cider!! Thanks in advance for any help!!

Ive only done 2 ciders and both took a little longer to carb. Your about 3 weeks in so I would give it a little more time. I assume you bottle primed? How much sugar did you use and what size bottles?

Thanks for the reply! Yes I bottle primed and used mostly 16 oz. bottles which I used 1 teaspoon sugar in as directed in the Mr. Beer booklet. I just don't know if it will ever carb at all and even if it does, the taste is less than impressive. I could definitely use some more sweetness in there but at the same time, I don't want the tops blowing off of my bottles!

Just thought I would bump this to the top. I emailed the Mr. Beer Brewmaster over a week ago and still no response either...