Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
thomaso827

Next 2 Brews Going

I was thrilled with the way my Stout came out. Great head, great flavor. Only problem is that it's gone. :( But a Bavarian Weissbier just went from LBK to bottle today, and I immediately started a Czech Pilsner after cleaning up the LBK. Looking forward to moving from bottle to belly. :P

"thomaso827" post=277010 said:

I was thrilled with the way my Stout came out. Great head, great flavor. Only problem is that it's gone. :( But a Bavarian Weissbier just went from LBK to bottle today, and I immediately started a Czech Pilsner after cleaning up the LBK. Looking forward to moving from bottle to belly. :P

I'm going to use that 'bottle to belly' in a conversation sometime in the next 24 hours!
:chug:

A friend gave me his 5-gallon fermentor and gear, so I'm planning to do a Mr Beer batch in the LBK and a bigger batch of something else in that set. Hoping to start a 5-gallon Bock as soon as I can sort out what makes it a Weinachtsbier so I can give a dozen 12-oz bottles to a Christmas party. After trying a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, I'm sort of looking at a Cherry Wheat recipe for the LBK this fall.

Tom

Nice friend. Did you ever try the MrB Brew Ha Ha Bock? It was one of my favorites and I'm sad to see it go. I posted a recipe for a 5 gallon Bock recipe a month or ago in the Basic Recipe section that looked good but have not tried. If you're wanting a wheat MrB has the old wheat UME left and if you can find the cherries in water you could make the MrB Cherry Wheat.

Best of luck.
T4G

I noticed that the Bock was gone from the website. Sorry to see that.

I think my friend bought a bunch of stuff on a whim and never went beyond the first batch. Mr Beer got me hooked on home brewing, and I dont see any reason to give up on it as I expand my capacity. Now when I try other beer brands, I try to sort out how I could make it and if it would be worth while doing it. At some point, I can stop buying and just make my own.

My son isnt interested in beer so much, but said he and his wife love hard cider, so a Mr Cider kit is on the agenda for his birthday.

Tom