Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chance drums

Oktoberfest!!!

Can anyone share some ideas for a great Oktoberfest recipe. I was just thinking of doubling up on Mr. Beer HME's. But then, I wanted to ask you pros out there.

I was asked to brew some to be ready for the season. I really want to impress. Any help would be GREAT :cheers:

I'm a fan of Octoberfest beers, but my one and only is still fermenting so I can't say how good it is yet. Someone will chime in soon.

I saw that recipe last night while killing time at work. I had never seen that recipe but thinks its been renamed because all the reviews that I read were familiar. I have made 2 similar(using 3 cans LME) in the Old Uncle Arnold and the Pardi Gras(both now archived) and they turned out super with a quality liquid yeast which I believe the recipe called for.

What are the criteria? Are you looking to work within MB ingredients only? Are you able to do a real lager?

"KZ" post=278155 said:

What are the criteria? Are you looking to work within MB ingredients only? Are you able to do a real lager?

Or an all extract recipe with hop boils to get close to an Octoberfest without truly lagering?