Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ekirch

What happened to mr beer?

Haven't brewed in awhile. I check the website because I figure it's time to get back, and half the recipes are gone. . . . . . Most of the premium refills say "no longer available.". What gives?

Mr. Beer has been acquired by Coopers and they are now making the malt extracts. Some are out already and some are in the works. We've been told we'd know more by summer's end.

I kinda thank them. This disappearance of the ingredients served to kick me out of the nest and on to all grain brewing.

I still peek in these forums from time to time because there are a lot of good folk in here and I have learned a lot from them. But as for brewing, I think I am done with Mr. Beer.

I have been sort of impressed with the new standard all-malt recipes. Yes, on the pricey side, to be sure at $17.95. Kind of steep for 1.87 pounds. Having said that, I have brewed the Bavarian Weissbier and the Bohemian Pilsner and came away impressed. Problem for Coopers: keeping prices reasonable so you don't alienate fans of Mr. Beer. I really think they are on that line right now. No matter how good your products are -- and I think it's pretty good, there's a point where it gets cost prohibitive.

I have ready to bottle this weekend the new standard Patriot, Stout and Octoberfest. Even in the Beer Club (w/no shipping) that cost me $53.83! That's an investment. I can see where some will end up looking elsewhere for malt.

"Nagorg" post=280758 said:

I kinda thank them. This disappearance of the ingredients served to kick me out of the nest and on to all grain brewing.

I still peek in these forums from time to time because there are a lot of good folk in here and I have learned a lot from them. But as for brewing, I think I am done with Mr. Beer.

same here,i can do a 5gallon batch for the same price of a mr beer batch.