Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck N ™

Ahhh. The Joys Of Small-Town Living

Sitting here getting ready to go out for some burgers with my son, reading and "contributing" to the Borg. Got the windows open and the church one block down the street is piping chime music out into the street as it does seven days a week at noon. six PM and ten PM.

Oh, and I'm also enjoying a home brew.

It don't get no better than this.

Chuck, I know what you are saying, I live out in farm country my closest village is 5 miles away, but nothing there anymore except a post office and the town hall where my wife works, even the old 1800's hotel closed the doors. The next closest is 7 and 9 miles and they both have stores and gas. My closest small town is 12 miles away where I work. I tell folks I'm from NY and they say how do you deal with all the people and I say what people. I like to shoot my rifle out my bedroom window and pee in my yard and no one knows or cares. I know the rest of the country don't know this about NY because everyone thinks of NYC (never been there) but we do have some out in the country/small town life.

Yep, I used to own a house in a town in southern VA. At one point it had two restaurants, two gas stations and a grocery store. The house was right across the street from the Methodist church, with rang the bells. Nearest big town was like 15 miles in either direction. Helped me appreciate small town America

"berryman" post=285648 said:

Chuck, I know what you are saying, I live out in farm country my closest village is 5 miles away, but nothing there anymore except a post office and the town hall where my wife works, even the old 1800's hotel closed the doors. The next closest is 7 and 9 miles and they both have stores and gas. My closest small town is 12 miles away where I work. I tell folks I'm from NY and they say how do you deal with all the people and I say what people. I like to shoot my rifle out my bedroom window and pee in my yard and no one knows or cares. I know the rest of the country don't know this about NY because everyone thinks of NYC (never been there) but we do have some out in the country/small town life.

Berryman,

Twice I spent two weeks in Fulton, NY. Both times I drove out to Cooperstown. By far the prettiest country I've ever seen.

Cooperstown. the baseball hall of fame is there. Fulton, NY we hauled beer from there at the trucking company I worked for many years ago. Nice country there.

You have a lot of out of in the country / small town life. NYC is something totally disconnected from the rest of NY in my brain.

"mashani" post=285679 said:

You have a lot of out of in the country / small town life. NYC is something totally disconnected from the rest of NY in my brain.

Yup, thinking the same way I think, but I would like to go there sometime just to say I've been there, have been to NJ and all over the rest of the USA.

"pete rose haircut" post=285690 said:

Rural Nebraska here, nearest neighbor is a half mile away, 300 yard shooting range in my pasture, love it.

About right on for a good sighted in 223. ;)