Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
dcowboys107

Octoberfest

Just poured the first Vienna Lager I had. It's been in the bottle for four weeks. Just to be honest, it's not very good. Granted I just did the basic booster recipe and everything but it has pretty much no flavor. Is it just me or what? I hope these new recipes are worth it otherwise not sure what I'm going to do.

Sounds like you did the older Vienna refill with the booster? Some folks prefer a light-bodied, light flavored beer and some folks prefer a full-bodied, full-flavored beer. Sounds like you might prefer the latter. Me too. Simply add 1/2 to one lb DME or LME and you should be good to go. The possibilities are endless, but that's just a real simple option for starters, if you want more flavor and body.

My first beer was just a basic refill with booster and it's was the worst that I made. So try some of the more complex ones that don't use booster and I think you'll see they are a lot better.

"dcowboys107" post=287369 said:

Just poured the first Vienna Lager I had. It's been in the bottle for four weeks. Just to be honest, it's not very good. Granted I just did the basic booster recipe and everything but it has pretty much no flavor. Is it just me or what? I hope these new recipes are worth it otherwise not sure what I'm going to do.

if it is the basic recipe, with booster, it might seem kinda thin and flavorless. it is to me anyway. i have not had the chance to drink any of the new stuff yet.

1lb of DME, 1/2 bag of booster and you would have a a really good beer. I really like the OVL. :drinking:

"Dsouth1111" post=287419 said:

1lb of DME, 1/2 bag of booster and you would have a a really good beer. I really like the OVL. :drinking:

I did a 5 gallon batch using 1 old Mr beer hme 1 new mrbc hme 2 lbs of amber dme & a bag of booster, tried an early bottle the other day & I think it tastes better than the Sam Addams October fest, so I'm happy.