Mr.Beer Community
Kealia

Stone Levitation Ale Clone recipe

Nice - I hope your brew day goes well.

I checked gravity yesterday (6 days in) and I'm at 1.018. The beer on top was already starting to clear and the WLP007 was flocculating a fair amount so I decided to not dry hop yet, Instead I sanitized my big spoon and roused the yeast a bit. 

This morning I have airlock activity again so hopefully that's the yeast chewing up a few more points and not just off-gassing. I remember last time I was worried about mashing so high at this same point and it all worked out fine.

I guess I should be more patient, but after my NS Pale Ale was done in 5 days I guess I was hoping for a repeat.

Starter pitched at 67° and it's in the chamber. OG of 1.048 at 6.25 gallons, wierd, just weird.

Last time it was 1.048 at 5.5 gallon. Maybe I'm getting better at this "brewing stuff".

And in went 1/2oz Simcoe. I would have used a bit more but I didn't have any more than that.

On Friday I'll add 1.5oz Amarillo and let it go for 7 more days for about 5 days before adding some gelatin and cold crashing for a few. The goal is to have this in a keg by next Friday.

Mine is chugging along. I forgot how slow 007 works. Worried me at first with the slow activity.

My package may be there now, so you will have one to tie you over till yours is ready.

I've never used WLP007, other than this recipe. Is it slow to finish, too?

My gravity reading today was 1.018 (yikes). I finished high last time and I made notes that I wanted to mash lower this time around - that I *didn't* read BEFORE brewing it again, oops.

The good news is that I really liked it last time. I just wanted it to be a bit crisper thus the notes about mashing at a lower temp....that I failed to follow. I'm hoping it drops a few more points but won't sweat it if it doesn't.

I didn't write anything other than FG in the notes from mine. Mine finished at 1.010, but I mashed at 149°.

If you remember I mashed low because I failed to check my mash profile in BeerSmith.

We are own worst enimies at times by not double checking.

This time I mashed at 154°, I'll take a reading when I get a chance and let you know where it's at.