Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
dogsnharleys

There be BEER

My first few batches are in the fridge, My WCPA is almost gone, but have Dog Drool cider, and Coalisaurus Rexus Cold conditioning. My Horses Ass ale will be bottles and conditioning on Monday. Next up Barking Dog Blue. trying to get a pipeline going so I don't have to drink thwe commercial stuff.

Cheers and bottoms up.

Looks like you got somethin good goin on there!! Anyone that likes dogs, bikes and beers is my kind of person! Brew on and keep postin!!!! :chug:

My garage fridge. This weekend I will add 2 to 4 cases more depending on how many bottles I can get my hands on between now and then. This does not include the 1L bottles I have in my kitchen fridge and the small amount of commerical beer I have left.

Yeah, I look like an alcoholic, I know!

[attachment=9047]photo9.jpg[/attachment]

I think you would be happier with your results if you stored those bottles upright. Just sayin'.

+1 Store the bottles upright so the yeastie trub will settle to the bottom of the bottle. That way, you can pour it out without mixing the yeast back into the brew giving it an off flavor.

"packerduf" post=288520 said:

I think you would be happier with your results if you stored those bottles upright. Just sayin'.

You want the trub on the bottom of the bottle. The way they're laying, you'll get it on the side, and more than likely, in your drinking glass.

Oh man, yeah, turn those suckers upright!! Once the trub settles on the sides even a slow pour is going to give you a cloudy, yeast filled brew.

Personally, I don't care. I don't do the "leave the last 1/4 inch of beer in the bottle" thing - it's a waste and I also loooove me the trub bottle. Drink that one (or those if I get two) first every time.

If you don't mind cloudy, yeasty beer, then they are fine.

I don't mind a little trub in my glass. But after a few, it can cause some volcanic activity in the lower digestive tract. :gulp: :blink: But ya, seriously. Turn them bottles up.

I'm pretty sure it's poor etiquette on here to call fellow brewers and forum members "clowns."

That's not cool and I don't see sarcasm tags.

*shakes head*

+1 wings fan. We're all in this together to make good beer! Maybe Kalico doesn't need help?

"Wings_Fan_In_KC" post=288580 said:

I'm pretty sure it's poor etiquette on here to call fellow brewers and forum members "clowns."

That's not cool and I don't see sarcasm tags.

*shakes head*

I concur Wings! Glad you brought that up. Lets be respectful here people!

All is well in the world....my beer is back on it's bottom. Not a lot of trub on the sides. I moved the racks around and think I can get more beer in there now...so all is well.

I took no offense to the "clown" comment. I am not a clown, I am scared of them. HEHEHEHEHE

I'm glad you said it first, WingsFan. Unless someone's really asking for it, or unless it's an obvious joke, we really don't need name-calling here.

Awesome Ale, you're a stand-up guy for letting it roll off your back.

And yeah, store your bottles standing upright from now on. :chug:

Guest System Admin

Dave, I'm 47 and throughout my life I've always been the one who said what everyone else was thinking.

Guess that streak continues.

LOL

Guest System Admin

Wings_Fan_In_KC your the same guy that recommended that PET bottles last longer than Glass bottles! ROFLMAO

Thats why I did not vote for Wings_Fan_In_KC in the Mr Beer contest. His ideas are illogical.

I voted for wings fan. Drop a plastic bottle, then drop a glass bottle. Pretty simple on that one. Let's be cool. This is the best discussion forum out there.
Oh and Awesome Ale, since you don't like clowns and you are a cool cat, I just had to change my avatar for you. Ha

"KaLiCo" post=288540 said:

This guys a clown. Why would you store them sideways? :banana:

How is someone supposed to know something they don't know?

"KaLiCo" post=288696 said:

Wings_Fan_In_KC your the same guy that recommended that PET bottles last longer than Glass bottles! ROFLMAO

Thats why I did not vote for Wings_Fan_In_KC in the Mr Beer contest. His ideas are illogical.

At least you confronted the idea, and not the person.

I try to make sure all of my posts have something of value, except for the odd "+1" comment here or there. Instead of going after people and their ideas, let's all try to add something to the conversation instead of derailing it with attacks.

Guest System Admin

I've responded to this attempt at character assassination in the Drainpipe Topic.

Not going to drag it out any longer.

I've said my piece........................movin' on.

WingSpan aka Greenspan you are not at the top of the world. You always try to post after I post with some instigating comments. Im trying to do this beer thing across the nation, you bringing funk, you gotta keep it real with me!

I have reported wingspan for calling me a newb and using bad words. Im done adding to this post. I have also updated the contest blog rallying to vote against him.

Looks as if the moderator has taken his posts down. Good to know.

Guest System Admin

Trolls: Don't Feed 'Em.

especially when they are green and gold(yellow) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"dbark" post=288762 said:

Looks as if the moderator has taken his posts down. Good to know.

I noticed that yesterday too...not only has his posts been removed, he has been banned.

Thanks so much to the moderators for taking care of it so quickly. :cheers:

Guest System Admin

I look at the forum daily and it is something that I look forward to. I was completely surprised by the inappropriate clown comment. I was happy that the members that were online and the moderator took care of the situation.

This is a great forum and a wonderful place to exchange ideas and to learn the craft of brewing. I also believe that there is good fellowship among the members!

Cheers

Between Pennywise and Killers Clowns From Outer Space, clowns just freak me out a bit. My brother has a huge clown phobia. I'm not sure he'd even go to the circus! But if a clown tried to get in my face and be funny, I'd probably punch him in his oversized red nose!