Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
treyw

After 3 weeks, it is still cloudy. Suggestions?

I am on my 2nd brew - trying the pilothouse pilsner recipe. It has been fermenting for about 3 weeks now and it is still cloudy. I don't see a whole lot of bubbles. When I open it, I do see something float to the top and then sink back down - I'm assuming it is the material that has collected at the bottom. It smells fine.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Trey

Bottle it; if you have a hydrometer you can check the gravity to make sure fermentation is complete, but after three weeks on a standard refill you can pretty much count on it. Clarity in the keg isn't anything to be concerned with, it will clear in the bottle.

Cheers!

Guest System Admin

PHP is "sort of" a Blue Moon clone so....it's going to have a fruity/tripocal feel and you'll taste coriander and orange. It can be cloudy upon bottling but to improve that, stash the LBK in the fridge for 2-3 days.

This is called "cold crashing" and it helps settle the particles out and clear the brew.

"Wings_Fan_In_KC" post=288595 said:

PHP is "sort of" a Blue Moon clone so....it's going to have a fruity/tripocal feel and you'll taste coriander and orange. It can be cloudy upon bottling but to improve that, stash the LBK in the fridge for 2-3 days.

This is called "cold crashing" and it helps settle the particles out and clear the brew.

You're thinking of Witty Monk. Pilothouse Pils has a white grape finish.

Either way, without taking a hydro reading, you're good to bottle.

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you are ready to bottle your beer.
:chug: Good Luck and Happy brewing :chug:

Dammit, Abqu, you are 100% right. I just brewed a Witty Monk "mod" and tasted what was left after bottling it (maybe a half a juice glass.

My bad....got it mixed up with PHP.