Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Birdman925

High Country Canadian Draft recipes

Anyone have any recipes involving some DME and or a hop boil for the old Mr Beer HCCD 19 0z cans? I have several and want to brew on Thursday as the SWMBO has a work commitment and the kitchen will be mine. Thanks

I bottled what is looking to be a good one right now using the HCCD.

I used the following:

1 Can HCCD
1lb Light DME
16oz Honey
Mr Beer Yeast

Plan on using the 2-2-2 Method

Guest System Admin

When I made HCCD with Pale Export UME, it reminded me of a marzen/octoberfest/vienna lager type beer where it was all about the malt and not so much the hops.

Given that I'd maybe lean toward a noble hops like Tettnanger or Saaz with a bittering boil but not much on a flavor/aroma boil.

I mean, you can have a more hop forward vienna lager if that's what you like........I guess it depends on the mood I'm in.

My next HCCD will be brewed with Northern Brewer and Willamette because I'm going for it.

One of my favorites that got a lot of approval from my friends was:

2 Cans of HCCD
1 Lb Briess Sparkling Amber DME
S-04 Yeast

It was just hoppy enough but not too hoppy and had a pretty good flavor. Between that and the Fallen Friar recipe my friend who was Bud Light only started to come around and like more beers.

I also added a bag of booster to the recipe a couple of times. With the booster there was always just a little alcohol taste to it. It was popular for the leaf burning day a friend has every year.

HCCD is one of those refills you can make just about anything out of depending on what else you add to it.

"mashani" post=289659 said:

HCCD is one of those refills you can make just about anything out of depending on what else you add to it.

That's a real good point. In fact, most of the old Mr Beer fruit recipes used HCCD as the base HME. I must have picked up about 10 of those 3-packs with HCCD in it plus 6 of the fruit recipes, too. I figured I could use the HCCD for just about anything, so it was good to have around. I planned on using the fruit for wheats and gluten frees, actually.

Mashani is dead on the money when he says you can do just about anything you want with that HCCD. Heck, make up any recipe you want. Get all creative and have some fun!

If you don't believe in reincarnation, then you might as well live it up now, since you only get one chance. If you do believe in reincarnation, then go for it anyway. If you screw it up, you know you're gonna get to come back and try it again.

So what have you got to lose?

"Duff" post=289655 said:

One of my favorites that got a lot of approval from my friends was:

2 Cans of HCCD
1 Lb Briess Sparkling Amber DME
S-04 Yeast

It was just hoppy enough but not too hoppy and had a pretty good flavor. Between that and the Fallen Friar recipe my friend who was Bud Light only started to come around and like more beers.

I also added a bag of booster to the recipe a couple of times. With the booster there was always just a little alcohol taste to it. It was popular for the leaf burning day a friend has every year.

Brewed this one today. Thanks

I drank a trub bottle last night that was bottled on 11/4/12 and it was good. A little maltier than I like but good. My son who likes maltier beer was happy with the taste and wants a sixer to take back to college with him on Sunday.

The MB site no longer lists recipes for the old HME's (probably a DEMON) thing.

BUT with the Wayback Site you can still look them for the HCCD extract.

Click Here!

Enjoy! :cheers: