Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
mainegoer72

Spiced Christmas

Just got the kit for spiced Christmas, looking to make it in the next few days. I realize it takes 2 months to come to full flavor. However it says 1tbsp of mulling spice. I have that but it's not a powder like some, it's chunks of ingredients....good for spiced cider too! I'm wondering if I should stick with the recipe or be a bit more generous.

I started this on 10/9 and I tasted it today. I brewed it straight up since I'm a newbie and it had a good flavor with just a but of bite. Im looking forward to Christmas Eve when I pop that cap with my boys

I'd say if anything under spice. It's drinkable when there isn't as much spice as you want but hard to drink when it's over spiced. If anything, I'd stick with the recipe and adjust from there if you ever make it again.

Hi Mainegoer72!I see you brewed the firecracker red.Was wondering what you thought of it i have it conditioning! just curious? :gulp:

I did a tablespoon and a bit because my spices were really large and I wanted to get everything in there. I didn't want to leave one thing out. If it fails, then it's on me and I can't blame the kit. I will say it smelled wonderful and was nice and dark....very excited to see what it's like. Of course it won't be ready for the holiday, but that doesn't mean I can't still drink it!

Spucky....the firecracker red was pretty good, I enjoyed it. It wasn't like a cherry wheat at all. Hard to compare it to something on the shelf, but definitely worth making.

Thanks for the info!ill try mine this weekend.I did 3-2-2 weeks.It was one of those recipes i hesitated to do.First time using fruit in my beer! :cheers:

I did a second fermentation on my Xmas Ale, adding molasses, brown sugar, orange peel and other spices. Tasted really good when I bottled it last week.