Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
jt3_jon

Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout refill kit - GONE!?

SAY IT AIN'T SO! My FAVORITE Mr. Beer is no longer available for purchase?!

Ok, so I must admit this was the first and only Mr. Beer I've brewed, but it was AMAZING!! By FAR the best beer I've EVER HAD!!

PLEASE tell me this is just temporary!! If so, anyone know when it might be available again? If not, do you have any idea where I can get more?!

In general, does this "Archiving" of beers happen often, and for what reason? I'm sure you can see my plight; being given the kit to make the best beer EVER, only to only have it taken away!

Please help,
Jon

Call customer service first thing tomorrow.

At last reckoning, there were about 270 cans of HME left in the system.

After that goes, it IS gone.
'

THANK YOU!! Will be calling them first thing tomorrow (already sent an email :-)

So does this mean that the kits marked "archived" are really discontinued? Why?!

Guest System Admin

Mr. Beer has eliminated all the 550 gram cans of HME including Oatmeal Stout (I never have tried it, but when the sale was on I bought 8 cans to make 4 batches, figuring if I didn't like it I'd sell the remaining 6 cans).

The entire product line is being taken more "upscale" in both ingredients and price.

JT,

When you call, you'll be asking for the Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout, not the St Patrick's Stout. It's on the blowout sale, the last few remaining cans of the old formula refills. They were $5 per can last time they were posted. Posting was taken down and customers have been told to call and check for up-to-the-minute availability of these clearance items.

While you're on the phone, you may want to ask about the other two items that were still remaining on blowout sale: West Coast Pale Ale @ $5 per can and Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner @ $7 per 2 can refill. All threee are fine bargains, and you can get more mileage for your shipping cost if you make the order a little larger. All three will make very nice brews alone or serve as a base for adding a few ingredients for a brew.

If you don't mind, maybe you could let us know if any or all of these three refills are still available after you call and check. Thanks.

I just chatted with Customer Service. There is nothing left.

Rick:
Are there any of the Blowout sale items left?

Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout
West Coast IPA
Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner

Welcome Rick! Your request has been directed to the Customer Service department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

Call accepted by operator MB-Debi. Currently in room: Rick, MB-Debi. I'll be right with you. Thank you for your patience.

MB-Debi:
no, sorry
Rick:
No problem, thank you.

Oh well. That's what I was afraid of. For a week or so there was like 1300 cans of WCPA available, and it was barely going down at all. Then all of a sudden, one day, it was removed. I have a feeling that somebody struck a deal to buy the whole lot of them at once. Smart business move for them, but the end of a bargain opportunity for us. Life goes to the swift.