Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
hilkertj

Adult Field Trip - Northern VA

Christ872 - let's plan an excursion to the Dogfish Head Alehouse for sometime in the next couple of weekends. I know that you (Christ872) are in the Falls Church area, but since I'm out further west, I vote for the Fairfax location. What say you?

PS: Anyone is welcome to come along. Last year Chris arranged our meet up at the Mad Fox Brewery in Falls Church. It was a great time.

John~

Hey man, sounds like a great plan.

I'd be more than happy to travel out your way. But, if possible, would you be up for bringing the kids for dinner? I say that because next Saturday 11/10/2012, I'll have my daughter. That would be a perfect weekend and it would be fun. The next weekend I'll be in Michigan for the Iowa game and the following weekend is Thanksgiving. So really Nov. 10 is about the only day/weekend in November that's good for me.

I've got quite a bit of stuff sitting around that I can bring in to share.

I'm happy to take you up on the Fairfax location. That would be cool by me. Whichever location you want is good.

Oh yeah, John, my old cell phone went to crap. I'll PM you with my cell number. Please give me a call so that I can add you into my contacts on this new phone.

Thanks, hope this works out good.

Chris

If it's the 10th, I may be able to make it down there depending on the wife and daughter and finances and time. I've been meaning to find an excuse to go to DFH Alehouse, though Gaithersburg is the location closest to me. I'd say count me in for a 25-50% chance to be able to join in on the 10th.

Christ872 & Gizmo - of course I double checked with my scheduler (wife) and we are out of town that weekend (mother in law's b-day). I should have checked before throwing this out there. I'm open to a Friday evenings too (in case that helps) BTW, but the 10th-11th is out for me. :(

John

Oh okay...well, the next free weekend I would have would be the first two weekends of December (12/1-12/2 and 12/8-12/9). Either of those would work cool for me. I'll just give a blanket yes and you guys let me know which one works better for you guys.

On a positive note, if we do plan something for early December, I may have yet another batch or two in the "ready-to-drink/distribute" pile...lol.

Chris - Roger that. Right now my dance card is open for those weekends in December. Again, I could do a Friday after work too. :chug:

The 7th 8th and 9th is my off weekend, so that's the only one of the first 3 in December I'd have potentially available to try and make it. Don't schedule it around me, there's too many variables, but if it's that weekend I'd have a chance to try and join in.

So, we still looking at the potential of Dec. 8 for this? I'm still looking at the possibility of attending if it gets hashed out.

"Christ872" post=299343 said:

I'm good for it...but I'll see what John thinks since he's organizing.

Talk about pressure...

I'm good for the 8th at Dogfish Head in Chantilly - say 7 PM.

John~

May I suggest closer to 6 or even 6:30? The only thought being that if we meet at 7, by the time we order dinner it could drag into 7:30-ish and that's a little later than I'd want to eat.

No big deal either way, just a question.

yeah earlier is better for me too, gonna be close to an hour drive each way, the earlier we start the less late it is when I get home. I assume Chantilly is Fairfax? I think that was the original idea. As of right now I'm planning on going baring anything coming up between now and then. Chris, I'll be nice and not wear my scarlet and gray if you can keep the corn and blue out. :D And I'm Brian, btw.

It's in my plans still. Though eventually I'm gonna have to figure out how we'll know each other. We just planning on food and beer there or do I need to bring some homebrew along too?

Hope this is still a go. I'm heading out in less than 4 hours. Still not sure how we're planning on finding each other there, but I guess it'll get sorted out.

no problem, hope you are well, we'll have to reschedule.