Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
desmo.lover

wheres my carbonation??!

hey!! grrrr..where the heck are my bubbles? I bottled and primed on sunday and the bottles are still soft. Am i being optmistic??

Can you provide some more detail about your brew, such as priming sugar and amount used, amount of time you fermented, type of beer being brewed, etc.? Thanks.

Sorry.. I didn't provide much info.

can of "coors light analogue" that came with the mr beer kit. 2.5tps sugar in each one litre bottle. bottled sunday night at 2200hrs. used "sugar" as directed from the video.

Guest System Admin

Agree. 2 weeks (normally) to carb and then 2 weeks more (at room temps) to condition the beer. Chill for 3 to 4 days after those 4 weeks are up.

"desmo.lover" post=295080 said:

Sorry.. I didn't provide much info.

can of "coors light analogue" that came with the mr beer kit. 2.5tps sugar in each one litre bottle. bottled sunday night at 2200hrs. used "sugar" as directed from the video.

desmo - agreed that it takes up to two weeks, so don't panic. Also, are you storing the bottles at room temp? If it is cooler than that it can take a little longer. :sweat:

ok ok ok...i'll rest easy. For some reason, i expected carbonation to be a lil faster. I have no problem waiting..i've got Lauginita IPA in the fridge "conditioning" lol.

Guest System Admin

I bottled on Sunday, 10/28 and a few days later the bottles were still a bit soft. Today they are rock hard. 3-2-2. It's the worst part of making beer.

Bottled at 2200 hrs on Sunday night? That's like 36 hours ago. Brewing has helped me develop patience. Hopefully you will receive the same reward.

[Edit} - It looked like you bottled this Sunday, but now I read that it appears it was the previous Sunday, 10/28. That's much different. Sorry.

[Edit} - Now I must retract that retraction. I see it was Rick who bottled on 10/28. I better go have another cold one and practice my reading skills.

HA! yes, like 36 hours ago. I just figured it would be an explosion of carbonation.

I'm fairly easy going.....but i do overnight most internet orders..j/k :-D

It gets better. I was chomping at the bit for my first taste of homebrew when I started out. It was killing me. Everything was too slow for me. Everyone told me that once you have some ready to drink, the waiting is a whole lot easier. And they were right. I still have a very anxious nature, but having stuff to drink makes it seriously easier to be patient with the current batches. They also told me that picking up some real nice quality craft beers from the store for "research' purposes helped, and they were right about that, too. These guys are right about a lot of things, especially when it comes to beer.

"Joechianti" post=295094 said:

.... Now I must retract that retraction. I see it was Rick who bottled on 10/28. I better go have another cold one and practice my reading skills.

Joe - time to relax with a home brew... :gulp: