Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
radonc73

First real brew

After stalking and joining this site I broke down and invested some $$ in my set up. 2 $10 LBKs, new spout and filler tube, hydrometer and tube, and brewsential kit, a little anniversary present to myself. I am ready for my first fully equipt brew and I am very happy. :banana: :banana:

I am going to do a WCPA and Weisbier combo. Thanks to Joechianti hooking me up with yeast and advice I am more confident than ever. I USED to think I made beer until I found this place. I wish I could timewarp ahead until this batch is ready. I have maade about 5 batches in 2 years before the last few weeks and I found this place. It is like my Graceland. :barman:

Welcome to the borg! Im new too but this is a great place to learn about brewing.

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you are well on your way. Enjoy and keep us posted on your achievements and setbacks...not that I am wishing any on you...

Welcome aborg ;) This is a great place to hang out and have a home brew. There is a lot of knowledge on this forum and everyone is helpful when you have questions.

You may not want to talk about the Dallas Cowboys football team, there appear to be many haters out there,just an FYI.

:cheers:

Welcome to the forums and to the obsession! Wishing you many moons of bood brewing!

Welcome, I'm new too and have found these folks to be a great wealth of knowledge, bordering on fun too. :)

That said, so far I've found talking about the Patriots a little bit wasn't so bad either. :woohoo:

Welcome to the obsession ! Plenty of help with your brewing here .

:chug: Welcome to the borg. You came to the right place to learn how to make great beer. Good Luck and Happy Brewing :chug:

Thanks everyone and it is becoming an obsession, all day at work all I thought about is beer and brewing.

"radonc73" post=295424 said:

Thanks everyone and it is becoming an obsession, all day at work all I thought about is beer and brewing.

Yes and next will be the sleepless nights thinking about your next brew, oh did anyone mention the dreams about making and drinking beer? Yup you are one of us now.

Welcome aboard and good luck with the new hobby.

I got hooked off a woot deal Mr. Beer kit one year ago and I haven't looked back. This is simply the best resource for learning the craft filled with the most patient and helpful folks around. I have searched here and there over the past year at other sites, but forums tend to desolve in to very pragmatic views on almost every topic. The MB community is supportive and full of knowledge, but best of all everyone here seems to have an eagerness to learn from each other no matter how experienced they are.

Now you just have to keep us updated and post first pour pictures, etc. For some reason, these still get me excited every time I see them.

Guest System Admin

Welcome to the Borg Collective.
Resistance is futile.
You WILL be assimilated.

We have Beer.

:borg:

OK, I brewed this morning and everything went well except for one kitchen towel got burnt :whistle: it happens. I used #1 DME instead of booster so I am sure it will be a flavorfull beer. It is amazing how much darker it is with the DME instead of the booster.
I used 3 packs of MRB yeast
Weisbier 1 can
WCPA 1 can
#1 Bavarian DME
I will probably let it sit in the basement.bathtub for 2 or 3 weeks and try to forget about it, ya right. I cann't wait until it is time to try it around Christmas.

I used Starsan to sanitize and read on here not to fear the foam but I tried all I could not to fear it but it was hard not to rinse the remaining foam out of the LBK.

Should be a good Frankenbier, radonc. No reason why you won't be enjoying homebrew by Christmas.

Welcome to the forum and just ignore all the kooky nuts around here, including me. Brew strong, bro.

Trust the Star San. Many of us use it to sanitize and there usually are some bubbles. You might get a bottle tree to help drain out the bubbles if you really have an aversion to the bubbles. I don't have one, but what I do is sanitize the bottles, then prime them from first bottle sanitized to last and drain what little Star San that remained and settled to the bottom of the bottle before adding the priming sugar. That seems to get rid of most of the remaining Star San.

Well I checked the brew today. I had a FG of 1.013 or so. I will bottle tomorrow, I got priming sugar from the LHBS. The sample tasted good I am sure it will be great in a month or so. :banana:

Tried the first one today. I was pleasently supprised by how smooth it is, I think I am in love. I am not a fan of hoppy beer and this seems to be spot on.

"Inkleg" post=314600 said:

"yankeedag" post=314596 said:

:borg: assimilated.

Yep, what he said.

uh... yup-yup