Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest System Admin

Adding to Patriot Lager Recipe

Guest System Admin

Hello all. It's actually been a while since I have posted & brewed with my LBK. A few products have changed with Mr. Beer since my last brew day. Had a few questions to run by the more seasoned LBK brewers, for an opinion on adding to the Patriot Lager brew.

Would it be beneficial to add the following ingredients to the basic recipe of the beer?

1 can of Golden Wheat UME
1 or 1.5 oz Cascade Hops

Curious as to if these 'extra' ingredients would spruce up (for lack of a better term) the Patriot Lager recipe. If not, I will stick with the instructions.

Or, does anyone have any ingredient recommendations for this recipe? Thanks in advance. :chug:

I am drinking this. It has a nice mild hop taste, maybe a bit bitter with a bite aftertaste. I thought it is OK - not great not bad - a 5. I would brew again. I brewed as a real lager with washed S-23

I would add a pale or amber LME/UME NOT the wheat. I believe that would not be close to the style of this lager/ale.

Cascade hops with a 20 to 30 minute boil might be nice or maybe just a 15 minute boil for flavor.
I would think a hop like Liberty might be better then a C hop.

As with all disclaimers- its your beer brew what you might like :)

Guest System Admin

Thank you very much vmaxept. I do have a Pale UME as well, perhaps I will go with that instead of the Wheat UME. Or stop back in and see if my LHBS has an Amber UME/LME.

I actually looked for the Liberty hop at my LHBS and they were out of them when I went through yesterday. So I settled on the Cascade hops as another option.

Thank you for the insight and response. Very helpful.